Tuesday, February 04, 2020

Morning by Morning, February 4 - Seeking the Hidden Treasure of God's Intimate Presence
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. King of kings and Lord of lords, come rule and reign in my heart and life today.  ...
 
"For I want you to know how much I am struggling for you, and for those in Laodicea, and for all who have not seen me face to face. I want their hearts to be encouraged and united in love, so that they may have all the riches of assured understanding and have the knowledge of God's mystery, that is, Christ Himself, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge" (Colossians 2:1-3).
 
As the apostle Paul struggled in his spirit, travailing in prayer, for all the believers who had not yet seen him "face to face," his prayer was also an expression of Your heart by Your Spirit praying through him for all of us who have not yet seen You "face to face." "Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but that very Spirit intercedes with sighs too deep for words. And God, who searches the heart, knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God" (Romans 8:26-27).
 
"Face to face" speaks of intimacy. Your Spirit moves in our spirits to seek You "face to face," to pursue Your manifest Presence, to hunger and thirst for You, for You are our Hidden Treasure, and in You "are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." It's a daily adventure of faith, a lifetime pursuit of encountering the deeper, intimate Presence of God. "It is the glory of God to conceal things, but the glory of kings to search things out" (Proverbs 25:2).
 
Father God, move in my heart by Your Spirit to pursue the face of Jesus -- "looking to Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith" (Hebrews 12:2 NKJV), "in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge" (Colossians 2:3). 
 
Lord, You spoke to Moses "face to face, as one speaks to a friend" (Exodus 33:11). And in Christ, we're under a new and even better covenant. Now we can all pursue You and seek You and encounter You in a deeply personal and intimate way, spirit to Spirit, heart to Heart, deep to Deep, face to Face -- the Hidden Treasure of Your intimate Presence. "As for me, I shall behold Your face in righteousness; when I awake I shall be satisfied beholding Your likeness" (Psalm 17:15). "'Come,' my heart say 'seek His face!' Your face Lord, do I seek!" (Psalm 27:8). 
 
And as I seek You and the Hidden Treasure of Your intimate Presence, I thank You for the promise of Your Word:  "When you search for Me, you will find Me; if you seek Me with all your heart" (Jeremiah 29:13). By Your Spirit and by the power of Your grace, I do search for You, I do seek You with all my heart. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you seek and find, may you passionately pursue and encounter the Hidden Treasure of God's intimate Presence, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

       


Thank you for all your prayers for us as I teach the Healing Academy at Aldersgate Renewal Ministries this week in Goodlettsville, TN just north of Nashville. Please keep us in prayer for this week-long equipping and experience of healing prayer ministry. We're off to a great start with the Holy Spirit moving in a powerful ways with words of knowledge and healing -- "messing up" my teaching outline -- lol but praise God! Tonight my great friend Ric Wright will join us for a healing service! And I pray for the anointing of God's Holy Spirit in your life and ministry for the healing love of God to flow through you in Jesus' name!
 
 

I am teaching based on my book Free to Be Like Jesus-Transforming Power of Inner Healing and Deliverance, which I'm so honored to be endorsed by Max Lucado, Randy Clark, and Andy Reese.
   

 



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!