Thursday, April 02, 2020

Morning by Morning, April 2 - "Make Room for Me"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I turn my eyes upon You and open my heart to You -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. ...
 
As I wait and listen for Your leading this morning, I believe I hear You speaking in my heart, "Make room for Me." ...
 
Yes, Lord. I want to make room for You, much more room for You--in my heart, in my home, in my thoughts and desires, in how I spend my time and what occupies the moments of my day, in all that I am and all that I do. Give me a greater desire to make more room for You. "For God is working in (me), giving (me) the desire and the power to do what pleases Him" (Philippians 2:13 NLT).
 
One thing I know that pleases You is for Your people who are called by Your name to make more room for You. It pleases You for us to take the time we have to seek Your face, to listen for Your voice, to allow Your Spirit to search our hearts and let You remove anything in us that is not yet like You. As David prayed, "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends You, and lead me along the path of everlasting life" (Psalm 139:23-24).
 
Father, You've sent Your Holy Spirit to prepare the bride and the body of Jesus Christ. All by the power of Your grace at work within us, You are preparing the way of the Lord in us and in the earth. "Christ loved the church. He gave up His life for her to make her holy and clean, washed by the cleansing of God's word. He did this to present her to Himself as a glorious church without a spot or wrinkle or any other blemish. Instead, she shall be holy and without fault" (Ephesians 5:25-27).
 
Only You can do this. And our part is to turn to You, to open our hearts to You, to allow You to come and do this in us by the power of Your grace at work within us to do what pleases You. This is how Your Word is fulfilled, "Let us be glad and rejoice, and let us give honor to Him. For the time has come for the wedding feast of the Lamb, and His bride has prepared herself" (Revelation 19:7 NLT) -- "His bride has made herself ready" (Revelation 19:7 NRSV).
 
These are extraordinary days, where many of us have much more time to make much more room for You -- to be a people preparing the way of the Lord, to be a bride who is preparing herself and making herself ready.
 
I believe I hear You speaking in my spirit a word to Your bride: 
 
"One day I will come in My glory in the clouds, but right now I am coming in My glory in your hearts. Make room for Me. Put away everything that is unworthy of Me and incompatible with Me from your hearts to make room for Me. I will fill your heart with My glory. And you will be My glorious bride to display My glory for all the world to see Me in you." ...
 
Yes, Lord. You're coming in Your glory on that day (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18), and every day between that day to come and today, You desire to come in Your glory in us. "Christ in (us), the hope of glory" (Colossians 1:27). 
 
Through us as Your bride, as a people throughout the earth who have taken time to make room for You, to prepare the way of the Lord in our hearts, "the knowledge of the glory of the Lord will cover the earth as the waters cover the sea!" (Habakkuk 2:14) Lord, let it be so in me today and Your bride today, here in our hearts and to the ends of the earth! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you make room for Jesus, set free from all that's not yet like Him in your heart, set free from all that hold you back from being all He created you to be as the body and bride of Christ in our day, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

   
Daily Prayer Journey with Tommy Hays



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out ...
Preparing the Way of the Lord
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!