Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Morning by Morning, January 10 - Implanted Word and Empowering Spirit
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me hear what You're speaking into my spirit to begin my day centered and grounded in You and Your Word--Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God.  ...
 
"Every generous act of giving, with every perfect gift, is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. In fulfillment of His own purpose He gave us birth by the word of truth, so that we would become a kind of first fruits of His creatures.... and welcome with meekness the implanted word of that has power to save your souls" (James 1:17-21).
 
Every good and perfect gift comes from You. And two of Your greatest gifts are Your Word and Your Spirit. In Your Word, I'm grounded in truth. In Your Spirit, I'm empowered to live it out in my life.
 
Thank You for the gifts of Your implanted Word and Your empowering Spirit. Let the Word of God be implanted deep within me as I read and meditate upon Your Scripture as the very Word of God and the standard of truth for my life. "All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness" (2 Timothy 3:16). And let the Spirit of God fill my heart to form my thoughts and shape my desires to live out Your Word through the words and actions of my life each day. "For God is working in (me), giving (me) the desire and the power to do what pleases Him" (Philippians 2:13 NLT).
 
Like the two wings of an eagle, let Your Word and Your Spirit lift me and move me, empower me and guide me, in a life that freely and fully soars in Your will. As I embrace the good gifts of Your Word and Your Spirit, You move mightily within me and move mightily for me to align my life with Your good will. "The Lord is an everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.... He gives power to the faint, and strengthens the powerless. Even youths will faint and be weary, and the young will fall exhausted; but those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint" (Isaiah 40:28-31). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




Friend, I pray the implanted Word of God and the empowering Spirit of God would lift you up every day and cause you to soar into the fullness of the good life the Lord has for you in the center of His good will for you, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same of meGod bless you, my friend! 



Friends, I welcome you to join with me in a daily journey of passionate, pursuing prayer through my 365 Day Prayer Devotional, Morning by Morning, Second Edition, for a deeply intimate and personal journey of prayer each day.
Morning by Morning at Amazon:

 

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!