Wednesday, December 07, 2011

"The Will of God, Your Sanctification" - December 7

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are the King of kings and Lord of lords; be the King
and Lord of my encounters and experiences this day. ...

"For this is the will of God, your sanctification ..." (1 Thessalonians 4:3).

Is this Your will for me, Lord-that You would sanctify me? ...

It seems I hear You say: "Yes, My son. I want you to be like Me. I want to conform
you into the image of Christ. I want your nature to become like My nature, your
thoughts to become like My thoughts, your desires to become like My desires, your
ways to become like My ways."

Yes, Lord. Is that really possible?

"With man, this is impossible, but with God, all things are possible."

What do I need to do?

"I need you to choose, by the grace I give you, to allow Me to work this in you.
You must desire this, and even let Me build this desire within you, so that you
do not turn back from My sanctifying fire.'

Yes, Lord. Give me this desire; increase within me this desire to embrace Your fire.
When I'm tempted to step back, give me courage to press in. When I'm tempted to
give up, give me strength to press on. Remind me this is Your will; remind me it's
in Your power. "For it is God Who is at work in (me), enabling (me) both to will
and to work for His good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13). "The One Who calls (me)
is faithful, and He will do this. Beloved, pray for (me)" (1 Thessalonians 5:24-25).

So every challenge is an opportunity to die to my flesh and live in Your Spirit.
Every question is a chance to answer well with the Word of God and in the Spirit
of God. Every temptation is an invitation to respond in the nature of Christ, expressing
the fruit of the Spirit of Christ-in "love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control" (Galatians 5:22-23).

I have a long way to go, but a lifetime to get there. And I thank You that I don't
have to do it alone and I don't have to do it on my own. "Not by might, nor by power,
but by My Spirit, says the Lord of hosts" (Zechariah 4:6). In Jesus' name I pray,
Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays