Friday, December 23, 2011

"The Time Came" - December 23

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be my vision and my provision, as I look to You and entrust
my will and my day to You. ...

"Joseph also went from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to the city of
David called Bethlehem, because he was descended from the house and family of David.
He went to be registered with Mary, to whom he was engaged and who was expecting
a child. While they were there, the time came for her to deliver her child. And
she gave birth to her firstborn son and wrapped Him in bands of cloth, and laid
him in a manger, because there was no place for them in the inn" (Luke 2:4-7).

It was "while they were there" that "the time came" for the prophetic promises of
God to come to pass. In the sovereignty of God, there was a specific place for Mary
and Joseph to be and there was a specific time for this fulfillment of their promises
to occur. Centuries before, through the prophet Micah, You spoke of this place:
"But you, O Bethlehem of Ephrathah, who are one of the little clans of Judah, from
you shall come forth for Me one who is to rule in Israel, whose origin is from of
old, from ancient days" (Micah 5:2). And You spoke of this time: "Therefore he shall
give them up until the time when she who is labor has brought forth" (Micah 5:3).

And in the mystery of Your sovereignty and the free will that Your relationship
of Your love with us requires, many choices were made by many people involved for
Mary and Joseph to be at that place, at that time: The Roman governor issued a decree
that required them to travel from Nazareth to Bethlehem. They had to be willing
to travel even though Mary was pregnant and about to give birth. There had to be
too many travelers that filled the inn that this newborn Child would be found in
a manger, not fit for a King. Yet You knew every choice that would be made in fulfillment
of every plan You had.

Lord, prepare me and position me, align me in right relationship with those around
me, move me and establish me to be in the right places, at the right times, for
the fulfillment of Your promises for me. Make me increasingly sensitive to Your
leading and increasingly obedient to Your will. And I pray the same for all who
are around me and all You've chosen to be involved with me in Your plans and purposes
for my life. Let our will align with Your will, our choices align with Your purposes,
as our freedom aligns Your sovereignty. It's a great mystery, but it's also a great
adventure. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays
www.messiah-ministries.org

Friends, please keep Messiah Ministries in mind for your Year-end Giving, as you
join with us to advance the Kingdom of God. Every contribution is greatly appreciated
and truly needed. Thank you!

God bless you! Tommy & Sylvia Hays
www.messiah-ministries.org