Monday, December 05, 2011

Words that Give Grace - December 5

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Make me more like You today. ...

"Let no evil talk come out of your mouths, but only what is useful for building
up, as there is need, so that your words may give grace to those who hear" (Ephesians
4:29).

Lord, I want my words to give grace. I want to build up and not tear down, encourage
and not discourage, bring life and not death. I want my words to reflect my heart;
and I want my heart to be right with You and right with others. As You have said,
"The good person out of the good treasures of the heart produces good, and the evil
person out of the evil treasure produces evil; for it is out of the abundance of
the heart that the mouth speaks" (Luke 6:45).

Your written Word gives me grace every day. And Your living words give me grace
every day. You are the Word of God (John 1:1). And You are the Word of God made
flesh in the likeness of human flesh and blood (John 1:14). Now the Spirit of the
Word of God dwells within me and within all who put their hope and trust in You
(1 Corinthians 3:16). So let Your Spirit anoint and empower my words to be words
that give grace today. Let this be the good treasure that flows out of the abundance
of my heart. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays