Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Morning by Morning, July 1 - "For Him"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me start my day right -- letting You set my heart right. I want to start this day and every day embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, and filled with Your Holy Spirit.  ...

"For the love of Christ urges us on, because we are convinced that One has died for all; therefore all have died. And He died for all, so that those who live might live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died and was raised for them" (2 Corinthians 5:14-15).

Lord, can I sincerely say in my heart that I'm living my life for You? Or is the truth that I'm living my life for myself? ...

Ouch. ... I'm not sure I like to think about that question. But I suspect, in all honesty, that the answer is it's a little of both, some days more than others, some days less than others. But as much as I seek You and love You and thank You for all You've done in me and for me, most days I think I'd have to admit I'm still a long way off from being able to say with the Apostle Paul that I "live to God," that "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is not longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me" (Galatians 2:19-20).

So come, Holy Spirit. Would You move in my heart to give me a heart like that? Crucify my flesh so that "the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who love me and gave Himself for me" (Galatians 2:20). Deliver me from the sin and the spirit of pride that tries to consume me with self-centeredness and selfishness until my life is all about me (Matthew 6:13; James 4:7). Be at work within me to enable me and empower me to both will what is right and to what is right because You've set things right deep down in my heart (Philippians 2:13). 

Give me the desire and the power to live my life "for Him" -- for the One who saved me and raised me, who healed me and freed me, to live my life for the glory of God instead of glory in my flesh. Lord Jesus, when it's all been said and done, I want to be able to say I lived my life for You, that I lived my life worthy of You -- as best as I could and all by the power of Your grace (Colossians 1:10). You died for me; I want to live for You. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


I pray the Holy Spirit will continue to give you the desire and the power to live your life for Christ, to the glory of Godin Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 
   
(From a Day of Baptisms in the Upper Waters of the Jordan River in Israel)

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!