Thursday, July 23, 2015

Morning by Morning, July 23 - "Abounding in Thanksgiving!"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- I worship You, Lord God, in every dimension of Your Being with every dimension of my being. ...

"As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, continue to live your lives in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving" (Colossians 2:6-7).

You invite me to live every day "abounding in thanksgiving" -- not just thankful, not just grateful, not just appreciative, but "abounding in thanking!"

And why wouldn't I? You are the God "who by the power at work within (me) is able to accomplish abundantly far more than all (I) can ask or imagine" (Ephesians 3:20). You are the God who forgives me and saves me and fills me afresh with Your Spirit, reminding me every day "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness! (Lamentations 3:22-23)

So with my words, with my actions, with my attitude, I consciously and deliberately choose to go through the moments of my day "abounding in thanksgiving." As I speak these words to You in prayer, this profound, prophetic picture comes to mind of Tigger from Winnie the Pooh bouncing along through his day with a spring in his step and a smile on his face. Ha! Lord, I want to go "abounding" along like that today, "abounding in thanksgiving" to You, my God. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

I pray you abound in thanksgiving to God today, with a spring in your step and a smile on your face, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
 

 

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!