Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Morning by Morning, April 11 - Our Passover Lamb -- Greatly Powerful, Deeply Humble
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. As I speak out Your name, my spirit comes to attention in the deep communion of prayer with You, my God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  ....
 
"Now before the festival of the Passover, Jesus knew that His hour had come to depart from this world and go to the Father. Having loved His own who were in the world, He loved them to the end. The devil had already put it into the heart of Judas son of Simon Iscariot to betray Him. And during supper Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into His hands, and that He had come from God and was going to God, got up from the table, took off His outer robe, and tied a towel around Himself. Then he poured water into a basin and began to wash the disciples' feet and to wipe them with the towel that was tied around Him. He came to Simon Peter, who said to Him, 'Lord, are you going to wash my feet?' Jesus answered, 'You do not know now what I am doing, but later you will understand.' Peter said to Him, 'You will never wash my feet.' Jesus answered, 'Unless I wash you, you have no share with Me.' Simon Peter said to Him, 'Lord, not my feet only but also my hands and my head!' Jesus said to him, 'One who has bathed does not need to wash, except for the feet, but is entirely clean. And you are clean, though not all of you.' For He knew who was to betray Him; for this reason He said, 'Not all of you are clean'" (John 13:1-11).
 
In preparation for the Passover, You washed the feet of Your little lambs. They didn't yet fully understand that You were to be the Passover Lamb -- "the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world" (John 1:29). And they didn't yet fully understand how You could be so great and powerful -- "the Father had given all things into (Your) hands ... (You) had come from God and (were) going to God"-- yet at the same time, You were also so humble and loving, so intimate and personal (John 13:3). They thought You were cleaning their feet, but You came to cleanse their souls (John 13:10). And "(You) loved them to the end" (John 13:1).
 
Just as You would lay down Your life for them, they would soon be filled with Your Spirit as they would choose to completely lay down their lives for You and for one another (Acts 1:8). "We know love by this, that (You) laid down (Your) life for us -- and we ought to lay down our lives for one another.... All who obey (Your) commandments abide in (You), and (You) abide in them. And by this we know that (You) abide in us, by the Spirit that (You) have given us" (1 John 3:16-24).
 
Just as You humbled Yourself to wash their feet, they would learn by Your example to humble themselves to wash one another's feet (John 13:14). You were helping them understand how to live a life in Your Spirit -- secure and confident in their identity, purpose, and power, yet at same time walking out their calling and destiny in humility, obedience, and love. "Very truly, I tell you, servants are not greater than their master, nor are messengers greater than the one who sent them. If you know these things, you are blessed if you do them" (John 13:16-17).
 
Lamb of God, cleanse me in Your blood. Fill me with Your Spirit. Teach me Your ways and empower me to walk in them -- secure and confident in my identity, purpose, and power, yet at the same time walking out my calling and destiny in humility, obedience, and love. Apart from You, I can do nothing, but as I abide in You and allow Your Spirit to abide in me, my life will bear much fruit that honors Your name and Your sacrifice for me (John 15:5). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen. 

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you will be walk out your calling an destiny knowing You are greatly powerful in Christ, with the same Spirit who raised Jesus from dead living in you, but also deeply humble to walk in His ways of humility, obedience, and love, in Jesus' name (Romans 8:11). Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!