Monday, April 03, 2017

Morning by Morning, April 3 - We Don't Always Understand, but We Can Always Trust
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I welcome You here in my heart, in my thoughts, in every area of my life and every moment of my day.  ...
 
"They went on from there and passed through Galilee. (Jesus) did not want anyone to know it; for He was teaching His disciples, saying to them, 'The Son of Man is to be betrayed into human hands, and they will kill Him, and three days after being killed, He will rise again.' But they did not understand what He was saying and were afraid to ask Him" (Mark 9:30-32).
 
You were trying to teach Your disciples, but they didn't always understand. And though You were always with them and always available to them to answer the questions on their minds and speak to the needs of their hearts, sometimes they still found themselves too timid to ask and maybe even a little afraid of hearing the truth. So many times, we're just the same.
 
You understand that we don't always understand and Your Word inspires faith that steadies our fears and helps us trust in Your ways. You invite us, "Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, and delight yourselves in rich food. Incline your ear, and come to Me; listen, so that you may live.... Seek the Lord while He may be found, call upon Him while He is near... For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts" (Isaiah 55:2-9). We don't always understand, but we can always trust (Isaiah 26:4).
 
In the thoughts and ways of God that are so much higher and wiser than we could ever imagine, You turned death into life, brought victory from what seemed like certain defeat, and everlasting honor from rejection and shame. So give me faith to trust in You and Your ways when I don't understand and when I still struggle with doubt. You are the God who is sovereign over all, "declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying, 'My purpose shall stand, and I will fulfill My intention.... I have spoken, and I will bring it to pass; I have planned, and I will do it'" (Isaiah 46:10-11). Yes, You are; and yes, You will. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


I pray you will confident in the One who is worthy of your trust, even when you don't understand, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!



Friends, thank you so much for your prayers for us at the "Glory to Glory" Healing Conference hosted by Voice of Joy Ministries at the Francis Asbury Society Headquarters in Wilmore, Kentucky last weekend. We experienced the healing love of God in so many ways in the deep presence of the Lord.

Please keep us in prayer for the First Wednesday Service of Worship and Healing at Oak Hills Church, Crownridge Campus in San Antonio this coming Wednesday Night at 7pm. I'm excited to be sharing a message of hope and healing. Come join us! All are welcome!



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!