Friday, April 21, 2017

Morning by Morning, April 21 - Encountering Emmanuel on Our Walk to Emmaus
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are the King of kings and the Lord of lords. Rule and reign as King of my heart and Lord of my life today.  ...
 
"Now on that same day two of them were going to a village called Emmaus, about seven miles from Jerusalem, and talking with each other about all these things that had happened. While they were talking and discussing, Jesus Himself came near and went with them, but their eyes were kept from recognizing Him.... Then He said to them, 'Oh, how foolish you are, and how slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have declared. Was it not necessary that the Messiah should suffer these things and then enter His glory?' Then beginning with Moses and all the prophets, He interpreted to them the things about Himself in all the Scriptures" (Luke 24:13-27).
 
"All the Scriptures" speak of You. "All the prophets" point to You. You are "the Word (that) became flesh and lived among us ... full of grace and truth" (John 1:14). Lord, open my eyes to see You in every word of the Word of God. Just as You opened the eyes of Your disciples in the breaking the bread, open the eyes of my heart to recognize You in the breaking of the Bread of Your Word with me (Luke 24:31). You are the "Bread of Life" (John 6:35). You are "Emmanuel ... God with us" (Matthew 1:23).
 
Let my heart burn within me, as You speak to my spirit and walk with me on the path of the journey of faith You've set before me each day  (Luke 24:32). Like those two disciples whose eyes and hearts were opened to know and embrace their Emmanuel on their walk to Emmaus, let me boldly proclaim from the confidence of my daily encounters with You that "the Lord has risen indeed!" -- here in my heart and here in our world (Luke 24:34). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


I pray you encounter the abiding presence of our Emmanuel on your walk to Emmaus every day in journey of faith, grounded in His Word and filled with His Spirit, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!