Friday, June 29, 2018

Morning by Morning, June 29 - Ho! Hunger and Thirst for the Presence of God!

Good morning, Lord Jesus. As I wait on You in the intimacy and surrender of contemplative prayer, I worship You and welcome You into every area of my life and every moment of my day -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God.  ... 

"Ho! Everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat. Yes, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. Why do you spend money for what is not bread, and your wages for what does not satisfy? Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, and let your soul delight itself in abundance. Incline your ear, and come to Me. Hear, and your soul shall live" (Isaiah 55:1-3 NKJV). 

I'm not really sure what "Ho!" means, but as I read it and pray it, something stirs from deep in my spirit that cries out "Ho! I'm thirsty for more! Ho! I'm hungry for more! Ho! I don't want anything less, anything fake, anything superficial, anything passive or boring or dull or devoid of the passionate pursuit of all You are and all You have for me!" So my heart and soul cry out, "Ho!" 

Holy God, God who's here, God who's always making me hungry and thirsty for more, my heart and soul cry out, "Ho!"   ... 

As I do and as I stop to listen -- like waiting to listen like an echo bouncing off the walls of a canyon -- I believe I hear in my heart:  "My son, I am the One who puts this hunger and thirst in your heart. I am the One who says seek Me, pursue Me, settle for nothing less than Me. I give you the gift of My holy hunger. Receive My gift and you will always hunger for more, you will never settle for less, and you will delight in the abundance of My presence, even as you are never satisfied. As you cry out "Ho!" I respond, "I'm here!" 

Yes, Lord. "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled" (Matthew 5:6). And You never stop filling those who never stop hungering and thirsting. Make me hungrier, thirstier still in my insatiable pursuit of Your presence! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




My friend, I pray you are stirred in your heart with an insatiable desire for the passionate pursuit of the presence of God, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

  

Friends, thank you for joining with me on this daily journey of prayer, "Morning by Morning" each day. By the leading of the Holy Spirit, I write these fresh from my morning prayer time and then send them out. It feels like the Lord's "manna" from heaven to me and source of His strength from the intimacy of His embrace for my day. Thank you for allowing me to share them with you! And thank you for praying them back for me!

Tommy Hays' 365 Day Prayer Devotional
Morning by Morning, 2nd Edition
"A Deeply Intimate Journey with Jesus"

 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!