Monday, June 25, 2018

Morning by Morning, June 25 - Flourish like a Tree Planted by the Water

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are One with the Father, One with the Holy Spirit; and I welcome You to be One within me, now and throughout the moments of my day.   ... 

"Blessed are those who trust in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord. They shall be like a tree planted by water, sending out its roots by the stream. It shall not fear when heat comes, and its leaves shall stay green; in the year of drought it is not anxious, and it does not cease to bear fruit" (Jeremiah 17:7-8). 

Prayer is the way Your living water of Your Holy Spirit rises up into the roots of my human spirit to bear Your good fruit through my life. It keeps me connected with You, in deep, intimate relationship with You. It refreshes me and renews me. It's life to me. Even in the times of doubt and drought, You just cause my roots to grow that much deeper, so that I'm always connected with You through the communion of prayer. You keep my heart green and full of life, even when the heat of hurts and hardships comes. 

And You help me keep my roots grounded in Your Word, in the good soil of Your promises that give me encouragement, inspiration, vision, guidance, and hope. By Your Spirit and Your Word, You keep me "rooted and grounded in love" so that I "may be strengthened in (my) inner being with power through (Your) Spirit, and that Christ may dwell in (my) heart through faith" (Ephesians 3:16-17). 

Like a tree planted by the water, I'm "filled with all the fullness of God" so that I can grow and flourish in the ways of life in You (Ephesians 3:19; Psalm 1:3). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




My friend, I pray you flourish and bear God's good fruit through your life, rooted and grounded in His love through the intimate communion of prayer, to keep growing in His grace by His Spirit and His Word within you, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
 

Friends, thank you for joing with me on this daily journey of prayer, "morning by morning" each day. By the leading of the Holy Spirit, I write these fresh from my morning prayer time and then send them out. It feels like the Lord's "manna" from heaven to me and source of His strength from the intimacy of His embrace for my day. Thank you for allowing me to share them with you! And thank you for praying them back for me!

Tommy Hays' 365 Day Prayer Devotional
Morning by Morning, 2nd Edition
"A Deeply Intimate Journey with Jesus"

 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!