Monday, May 09, 2005

Daily Offering by Fire 5-9-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. These moments in the morning set the tone for my day. I can start each day with thoughts of myself and what I need to do, or I can start each day thinking of You. I choose You. ... You were teaching us about patterns of worship and prayer to be lived out in our hearts through the offerings and sacrifices of the Old Covenant. What they did in the flesh, we are to be in the spirit. They were called to be obedient and focused, persisting in times of worship and prayer through the times of offering that seemed to form the center of their lives. "The Lord spoke to Moses, saying: Command the Israelites and say to them: My offering, the food for my offering by fire, my pleasing odor, you shall take care to offer Me at its appointed time. And you shall say to them, This is the offering by fire that you shall offer to the Lord: two male lambs without blemish, daily as a regular offering. One lamb you shall offering in the morning, and the other lamb you shall offer at twilight..." (Numbers 28.1-4). Our "offering by fire" is the offering of ourselves to You each day. Let us come at the "appointed time" to seek You first thing in the morning and to seek You as the last thing at twilight. Let our focus be on the Lamb without blemish, Who is our sacrifice, so that we may freely choose to sacrifice our time and lives for You. Let the surrender of our hearts in these moments of prayer be a pleasing aroma lifted up to You. Let this become our daily and regular offering, as we learn to live a lifestyle of prayer in the fire of Your presence. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe/reply please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- "preparing the way of the Lord" -- MessiahMin@aol.com Our mailing address: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502. God bless you!