Monday, July 24, 2017

Morning by Morning, July 24 - Eyes Lifted High

 Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be at the center of my heart and every moment of my day.  ... 

"So we do not lose heart. Even though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed day by day. For this slight momentary affliction is preparing us for an eternal weight of glory beyond all measure, because we look not at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen; for what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal.... He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the Spirit as a guarantee" (2 Corinthians 4:16-5:5). 

O Lord, my God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Renew me day by day. Remind me every day to lift my eyes to the hills of Your heavens, where my help comes from (Psalm 121:1), to open the eyes of my heart to see You as You truly are (Ephesians 1:18), and to turn my eyes upon You to seek Your face with an unveiled face, as You continually change me into Your image from glory to glory (2 Corinthians 3:18). 

By the power of Your grace, I will not lose heart, but allow You to keep filling my heart with a deep sense of the ever-abiding presence of Your Holy Spirit (Ephesians 5:18). And though I'll not be blind to the brokenness of the world around me with all of its very real problems and struggles, including those in my every day life, I'll also not be blind to "the eternal weight of glory beyond all measure" You've prepared me.  

May my eyes be lifted high. With my eyes on You and with my heart set on what You have set before me, I will "walk by faith, not by sight" (2 Corinthians 5:7). "To You I lift up my eyes, O You who are enthroned in the heavens" and right here in my heart (Psalm 123:1). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


May your eyes be lifted high to see with the eyes of your heart the One who has prepared an eternal weight of glory beyond all measure for you, in Jesus' name! May you be encouraged today, renewed day by day, in the power of His love for you and the peace of His eternal plans for you. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 

      



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!