Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Morning by Morning, November 29 - "Tent of Meeting" in the Intimate Presence of God

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I speak out Your name and listen for Your voice to begin my day securely centered in Christ.  ... 

"Now Moses used to take the tent and pitch it outside the camp, far off from the camp; he called it the tent of meeting.... When Moses entered the tent, the pillar of cloud would descend and stand at the entrance of the tent, and the Lord would speak with Moses.... Thus the Lord used to speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend" (Exodus 33:7-11). 

I love to come into my "tent of meeting" with You every morning. It's not canvas and poles, pitched in the wilderness, outside the camp, like Moses. No, most mornings for me, it's a corner of my couch, over by the widow, looking out over some Texas live oak trees, not too far from Interstate 10. As I open up my prayer journal, it's not sheets of parchment or bound in leather, but a shiny little laptop made by Apple. But just like Moses, I can lift up heart and open up my spirit and I speak out Your name and listen for Your voice to see where Your Spirit leads me each day. 

It may not be the kind of ancient setting Moses had, but it's my way of walking down the ancient paths on my daily journey of prayer to start my day, away and alone, to meet and to speak with the Lord my God, face to Face and heart to Heart, in my own little "tent of meeting" with You -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. This where "deep calls to Deep" for me (Psalm 42:7). This where I get still, where I get quiet, where I listen and watch and wait for leading of Your Spirit and the sensing of Your still, small voice speaking to my heart (1 Kings 19:12; John 10:3; Romans 8:14). This is where I can simply "be still and know that (You) are God" (Psalm 46:10). 

No one may see a pillar of cloud descend outside my door, but here in my tent of meeting, You embrace me in the arms of Your Presence and fill me afresh with Your Holy Spirit in the intimacy of our communion in prayer together (Ephesians 5:18; 2 Corinthians 13:13). As sons and daughters of God, through our personal relationship with Jesus Christ, we have an ever "better covenant, which has been enacted through better promises" than even Moses experienced with You (Hebrews 8:6).  

And as I behold You in worship and prayer, seeking Your face and listening for Your voice by the leading of Your Spirit, here in my tent of meeting in the intimacy of Your Presence, You are changing me into Your image "from glory to glory" (2 Corinthians 3:18). And though You are my Creator and God, my Savior and Lord, my Master and King, You're also my Father and my Friend -- always inviting me to come embrace Your Presence, as You speak with me "face to face, as one speaks to a friend" every day of my journey with You (Exodus 33:11; John 15:15). I praise You and thank You for loving me and letting me love You back this way (1 John 4:19). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


I pray you experience and embrace the intimate Present of God in your tent of meeting with Him every day, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same of meGod bless you, my friend!

 


I invite you to join with me on the spiritual journey of hungering and thirsting for more with a couple of my books I believe I've been led to write and to share:

God bless you and thank you for joining with me in the journey!

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!