Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Come to Me 3-30-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I humble myself in Your sight to watch and wait for Your leading. Fill my heart with the fullness of Your presence, I pray. ... Thank You for Your promise to sustain us when we become weary and renew us when we are weak. There is so much pain and so much need in this broken and fallen world, as time continues to accelerate to the fulfillment of all things. Yet in Your grace, You remind us that we are but the instruments in Your hands. We are not to bear the burdens on ourselves, but we are to bear them to You. We are not the answer, but we are to lead others to the One Who is. "Come to Me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light" (Matthew 11.28-30). You are singing a new song of the Spirit over us, as You lift these burdens we've been bearing from our shoulders and take them onto Yours: "Come to Me; Come rest in Me; Come lay your head down. As I arise; Though I had died; I rise up in you. I am your strength; Your friend in deed; I supply your every need. Just trust in Me; Believe in Me; With your mind and with your heart. Then you will see; I'm all you need; Your Master and Your King. I'll walk with you; I'll see you through; I'll lead you in My ways. Give Me your sorrows; Give Me your pain; I free you from all shame. Come seek My joy; Come know My peace; I fill you with My love. Receive My life; Let go of strife; Be made one and whole in Me. For I am Love; And I love you; Come receive My love. Forevermore; And for every day; I am always here. I never leave; So just believe; Put your trust in Me. There's no other way; To face each day; Apart from My love for you. So come and rest in Me." Yes, Lord. Thank You for this new song You've written in my spirit. We come to You this day to rest in You as You arise in us. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please feel free to use any of these songs, peoms, or words that come from the Lord as He may lead. They belong to Him. The words in quotes in my devotionals, not referenced by a Scripture, are from the Lord in prayer that day. God bless you! To subscribe/unsubscribe/reply please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- "preparing the way of the Lord" -- MessiahMin@aol.com Our mailing address: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502. God bless you!