Saturday, March 05, 2005

Touching Father's Heart 3-5-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Lead me beside the still waters and restore my soul, as I begin this day centered on You. ... My oldest daughter, Elizabeth, had her sixteenth birthday recently. Her heart's desire was to have her own cell phone like all her friends. Lord, help us. But I've come to find I love to see her name come up on my phone when she is trying to reach me. There is something very special about seeing her name and hearing her voice calling her Daddy. I've noticed the rest of the world has to wait just a moment when Daddy's little girl is calling. Is that how it is with You, Father? Is Your heart stirred when You hear us call? Does the world have to wait just a moment as You turn Your heart to hear our call and look upon those who seek Your face? "But now thus says the Lord, He Who created you, O Jacob, He Who formed you, O Israel: Do not fear for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.... Because you are precious in My sight, and honored, and I love you, I give people in return for you, nations in exchange for your life" (Isaiah 43.1). Thank You, Father, for calling us each by name. Give us faith to believe that we are each precious in Your sight, honored by You, and that You love us. You are the God Who knows the hairs of our heads and the desires of our hearts. When we draw near to You, You draw near to us; when we cry out to You in prayer, You love to answer. "On the day I called, You answered me, You increased the strength of my soul" (Psalm 138.3). Thank You for the blessing and the honor of being children of God, able to touch our Fathers heart. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe/reply please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- "preparing the way of the Lord" -- MessiahMin@aol.com Our mailing address: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502. God bless you!