Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Touch Me 3-29-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Fill me afresh with Your Holy Spirit, as You abide in me and I abide in You. ... As You walked into the room where Your disciples hid, You've come to walk into the room of our spirits, in the closet of prayer. You humbled Thomas' pride and unbelief by offering the body of Christ to him that day (John 20.19-25). Now, You call us to humble ourselves to receive Your body and Your blood in the communion of prayer with Your Holy Spirit every day: "Touch My hands -- they were nailed to the cross for you. Touch My side -- it was pierced to let the water and the blood flow down for you. Touch My feet -- as you humble yourself in My sight, I will lift you up. Touch My head -- the crown of thorns has become My crown of glory. Touch my back -- the stripes I bore were for your healing and the punishment that should have been laid up you has been laid upon Me, that you might be made whole. I am the fullness of your salvation by the sacrifice of My love for you. Touch Me with your hearts, welcome Me in your spirits, and receive the full measure of all I have suffered for you to receive." Yes, Lord. You don't want us to hold back, but to draw near -- with humble hearts, in trusting faith. Let us honor You by receiving all that the sacrifice of Your life has given. Remove our pride that causes us to hesitate, though we think it is humility. Remove our doubt and unbelief that causes us to question, though we think it is wisdom. "For the message about the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God" (1 Corinthians 1.18). Thank You for the power of God released to us through the sacrifice of Your cross and the glory of Your resurrection. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe/reply please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- "preparing the way of the Lord" -- MessiahMin@aol.com Our mailing address: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502. God bless you!