Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Away with You 6-6-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I have come away from my world for a couple of weeks of vacation, but I don't want to come away from You. Though my mornings may start a little later, I still want to start them with You. ... "Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend to heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in Sheol, You are there. If I take the wings of the morning and settle in the farthest limits of the sea, even there Your hand shall lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me fast" (Psalm 139:7-10). Wherever I go, You are there. And in a truth that is beyond my comprehension, You are there waiting for me. You are there waiting for each of us to acknowledge Your presence and welcome Your life into our lives. The moment I lift my face to Your glory and open my heart to Your Spirit in worship and prayer, You are there. You have been there all along, but I come to know that truth more surely as I consciously and deliberately direct my thoughts to know and acknowledge Your presence with me. It's not getting away from work and daily responsibilities on vacation that will bring me the deepest rest. It's having a little more time to linger in Your presence and look more deeply into Your glory that will renew me and refresh me to return home in a fresh power of Your Spirit. As You said to Moses, "My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest" (Exodus 33:14). The last thing I did at "work" was to preach and pray on Pentecost Sunday for all of us to be filled afresh with Your Holy Spirit. Now You are answering my prayers as I have a little more time to pursue Your presence. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Dear Friends, I will be away on family vacation for a couple of weeks and will send out my devotional as I am able. We usually take the kids out to spend time with my family in Texas and New Mexico each summer. But I will be keeping you in prayer and ask you to please keep us in prayer. God bless you and thank you for coming along with me in the journey! To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's (and now cd's) for spiritual transformation through inner healing and deliverance, write to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com"Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502: www.messiah-ministries.org Come to The Fountain the 3rd Friday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship. Daily archives of my devotional: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com