Tuesday, May 04, 2010

At the Center of the Throne 5-4-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are my Savior and the Center of my life. … When I feel alone, You are my Companion When I feel afraid, You are my Comforter When I feel amiss, You are my Counselor When I feel attacked, You are my Champion You are the Savior and the Center of my life “For this reason they are before the throne of God, and worship Him day and night within His temple, and the One who is seated on the throne will shelter them. They will hunger no more and thirst no more; the sun will not strike them, nor will any scorching heat; for the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd, and He will guide them to springs of the water of life, and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes” (Revelation 7:15-17). When Graham Cooke came to speak to us and encourage us for the battles to come in Kentucky last year, I remember him saying, “The book of Revelation is my devotional book.” Everyone laughed because it’s filled with so much imagery of persecution and destruction to come in the final season at the end of this age. But as he was pointing out, all of that is centered around the message of the steadfast love and mighty power of Christ to comfort and encourage Your people to overcome, as we look to You and trust in Your plan and Your Word to bring victory in the end and strength through every battle. The Lamb of God is seated at the center of throne—no matter what may come, no matter how all things may unfold. O Lord, today and every day, be seated on the throne at the center of my life. Draw me close to You, under the shelter of the Almighty and into the secret place of the Most High, where Your angels watch over me and Your Holy Spirit encourages and empowers me (Psalm 91). As I worship You in spirit and truth, as I entrust to You my heart and my mind, I will not hunger or thirst for anything but You. As the Good Shepherd of my soul, You will guide me to Your springs of the water of life, providing in abundance all that I need (Ephesians 3:20). You are the Savior and the Center of my life. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Please share these morning prayers with anyone who may be interested. Subscribe by email to Tommy Hays at Messiah Ministries: MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org To order my books and our ministry resources or contribute to our ministry on-line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Messiah Ministries; 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 God bless you!