Thursday, May 20, 2010

Disciple of Love 5-20-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I call upon Your name and I depend upon Your grace. I welcome You into my thoughts, into my desires, and into the moments of my day. ... “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another” (John 13:35). Jesus, I want to be Your disciple. I want to follow You, learn from You, live for You. A long time ago I opened my heart to Your Spirit and entrusted my life into Your hands. Thank You for reminding me this morning that the mark of my discipleship is love. Let love be my aim in all I do today. Some situations will be harder in which to express and experience Your love than others. Some people will be harder to give love to and receive love from than others. But by the power of the grace of God, help me let Your love lead me in every encounter of my day. If I don’t, I can’t be Your disciple. If I don’t, I won’t be following You, learning from You, or living for You. It’s as simple as that. “God is love, and those who abide in love abide in God, and God abides in them” (1 John 4:16). In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Welsh Revival at The Fountain this Friday Night May 21! at 7 pm. Our good friend Heather Butler from Wales, a greatly anointed prophetic psalmist will share her ministry of singing prophetically over the people and the land. Please come join us and spread the word. The Fountain is our Messiah Ministries' monthly citywide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship, as we come together from the various streams and traditions of the Body of Christ in our city to experience and encounter the Presence of the Lord together to worship God freely in spirit and truth. Come drink deeply from The Fountain of His Living Waters and be refreshed and renewed in His Living Presence. Hosted by Messiah Ministries in the chapel of Centenary Church in Lexington, Kentucky, where our ministry home is located, 2800 Tates Creek Rd. Contact Marilyn Walker, our Director of Ministries for details: DirOfMinistries@aol.com or 859-317-1591 All are Welcome! Come and Spread the Word! Please share these morning prayers with anyone who may be interested. Subscribe by email to Tommy Hays at Messiah Ministries: MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org To order my books and our ministry resources or contribute to our ministry on-line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Messiah Ministries; 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 God bless you!