Friday, May 07, 2010

Come Live in Me 5-7-10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be exalted, O God—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. … “The God who made the world and everything in it, He who is Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in shrines made by human hands, nor is He served by human hands, as though He needed anything, since He himself gives to all mortals life and breath and all things” (Acts 17:24-25). Lord of heaven and earth, Creator of all, Ruler of everything, I bow my knees and my heart before You, admitting Your authority in my life. You are the Source and Supply of every good thing. I can’t build for You a temple with my hands or even a church building with my money that can contain You or control You, appease You or influence You. I can only make room for You here in my heart. My heart is Your temple; Your people are Your church. And the glory of Your Presence comes to fill the temples of the hearts of those who lift up their faces to seek You and open up their hearts to embrace You. “For in (You) we live and move and have our being” (Acts 17:28). No one call fully understand You, fully explain You, fully experience You. You are the Creator and we are the created; You are so infinite and we are so finite. But You have placed deep within the hearts of us all a desire to seek You and know You. “From one ancestor He made all nations to inhabit the whole earth, and He allotted the times of their existence and the boundaries of the places where they would live, so that they would search for God and perhaps grope for Him and find Him—though indeed He is not far from each of us” (Acts 17:26-27). So when I don’t understand, I will seek You. When I yearn to encounter You and experience You, I will seek You. When I question my purpose, doubt my inheritance, admit my impatience, I will seek You. Seeking You, searching for Your, groping for You is part of Your plan to open my heart to receive You and embrace You. And all the while You are not far from me; You’re just ahead of me, drawing me closer to You. This si the way You fulfill Your promise to me and to all who seek You: “When you search for Me, You will find Me; if you seek Me with all your heart, I will let you find Me, says the Lord” (Jeremiah 29:13-14). So as best as I can, all by Your grace, with all of my heart, I seek You. I make room for You. I embrace You. I choose again today to live and move and have my being in You. Come live in me. Come fill Your temple with the glory of Your Presence. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Please share these morning prayers with anyone who may be interested. Subscribe by email to Tommy Hays at Messiah Ministries: MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org To order my books and our ministry resources or contribute to our ministry on-line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Messiah Ministries; 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 God bless you!