Friday, December 30, 2011

"He Was Called Jesus" - December 30

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I want to hear the leading of Your voice and follow in
Your steps throughout the moments of my day. ...

"After eight days had passed, it was time to circumcise the Child; and He was called
Jesus, the name given by the angel before He was conceived in the womb" (Luke 2:21).

He was called Jesus-the Salvation of Jehovah-the One Who would be "a mighty Savior
for us" (Luke 1:69). This would not be God coming to earth in all-consuming fire
or with armies of angels. This would be God coming to earth as a Child, not only
in the likeness of human flesh, but even "in the likeness of sinful flesh"-in "likeness,"
yet without sin (Romans 8:3). So God Himself, Immanuel-God with us-would even humble
Himself to be circumcised of the flesh, as a Child of Abraham and the Son of David
in the dedication of His life to the glory and purposes of God.

Lord, I dedicate my heart to You, offering my flesh to You to be stripped away.
"Real circumcision is a matter of the heart-it is spiritual and not literal" (Romans
2:29). And as You strip away my flesh, may You awaken within me the name and the
nature to which You've called me, even as "You knit me together in my mother's
womb" (Psalm 139:13). You are my Salvation-the Salvation of Jehovah-Jesus Christ,
my Lord. Give me Your grace to live my life to honor You. In Jesus' name I pray,
Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays
www.messiah-ministries.org
Friends, for your tax-deductible, charitable contributions by year-end, please keep
Messiah Ministries in mind, as you join with us to advance the Kingdom of God. Every
contribution is greatly appreciated and truly needed. Thank you!

Contrbute to Messiah Ministries
By Mail:

Messiah Minsitries
2800 Tates Creek Rd.
Lexington, Kentucky 40590

By www.PayPal.com through MessiahMin@aol.com
On-line through our website: www.messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute

God bless you with great favor and blessings this coming year!
Tommy & Sylvia Hays
www.messiah-ministries.org