Wednesday, August 29, 2012

All that I Have - August 30

Good morning, Lord Jesus. All that I am and all that I have I entrust to You. As best as I can and all by Your grace, I give my life to completely to You. ...


"Jesus, looking at him, loved him and said, 'You lack one thing; go, sell what you own, and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; then come, follow Me' " (Mark 10:21).


We were praying for each other around a little circle in a little church. We had just prayed over a woman full of the fire of the Lord who had endured more than most could bear. We were about to move on in prayer for the next person when I heard Your Holy Spirit speak to my heart, "Give her all you have in your pockets." It was so clear I couldn't even hesitate, and wouldn't dare in such a deep sense of the Presence of the Lord.


I thought I had put one of my larger notes of Euros in my pocket in case it was needed that morning. But as I put the contents of my pockets into her hands, explaining why, I was very surprised to see that I had put all my personal money and all my ministry money for the trip in my pocket that morning! But it was way too late to start wavering in faith, second-guessing, and rationalizing by that time!


But then I knew for sure it was the leading of Your Spirit when we heard her say in her own language: "I praise God! I had only two Euros left in my account. I've been going into the woods to find berries to eat. I've been thanking God that at least I am alive."


We all praised God. And when it was time for them to pray for me, the joy of the Lord began to bubble up and flow out of me more freely than I've experienced in a very long time. When I could finally speak again, all I could say was, "Thank You, Lord, for making me a hilarious giver!" (from 2 Corinthians 9:7) We all burst into more laughter and praise (living out Psalm 126:2).


Thank You, Lord. How wonderful You are to break the burden of my own concerns about Your provision with such a beautiful and powerful way of displaying Your faithfulness - to her and to us all. "And my God will supply every need of yours according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father be glory forever and ever" (Philippians 4:19-20)


Lord Jesus, help me be more and more sensitive to the leading of Your Spirit. Give me courage to rise and respond in obedience to come and follow You wherever You lead. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



Friends, I begin the journey home today, flying back to Florida and then driving to Kentucky to our home base in Lexington. I'm so thankful for your prayers and for your friendship in this daily journey of prayer. I praise God for our Interactive Intercessory Prayer Team of prayer warriors from many nations, led by Heather Butler, our Pastor of Prayer Ministries, from her home in Wales. If you'd like to be part of one of our prayer teams connected through the internet, please let Heather know at PrayerLead@messiah-ministries.org If you are led to be part of our regular, monthly support base to help us share God's message of healing and hope, at home and abroad, please let me know at TommyHays@messiah-ministries.org Like missionaries, we raise our own support to fulfill our calling. And by joining with me Morning by Morning in prayer, I know you are already part of our reglular prayer support base and I praise God for you! We could not even begin to live out this calling and ministry without you! As you can imagine, there are constant battles coming against marriage, family, health, ministry, relationships, and finances. But our God is greater, and we prevail through prayer for one another. Becuase of the prayer cover, I'm certain there are innumberable attacks of the enemy we never even realize or feel. And those we do, we stand aginst together in Christ through the power of prayer. My prayers are with you, my friend, to expereince all the fullness and faithfulness of God. Thank you for praying that for us.


Be empowered, equipped, and encouraged to fulfill your destiny in Christ!

Tommy & Sylvia Hays | Messiah Ministries

Healing from the Inside Out



Messiah Ministries

2800 Tates Creek Road

Lexington, Kentucky 40502