Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Morning by Morning, July 21 - Joy is Powerful and Contagious

Good morning, Lord Jesus. As I speak out Your name and listen for Your leading in my morning communion of prayer, You embrace me and center me and fill me afresh with Your Spirit.  ...

"When the Lord restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dream. Then our mouth was filled with laughter, and our tongue with shouts of joy; then it was said among the nations, 'The Lord has done great things for them.' The Lord has done great things for us, and we rejoiced!" (Psalm 126:1-3)

Joy is powerful and contagious. Laughter is good medicine for the soul (Proverbs 17:22). "For the kingdom of God is ... righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit" (Romans 14:17). And You want to fill us with Your joy that "(our) joy may be complete" (John 15:11).

Fill me afresh with Your joy today, Lord Jesus. Father, restore unto me the joy of my salvation and renew a right spirit within me (Psalm 51:12). Come, Holy Spirit. Let my eyes dance with the joy of the Lord and my heart sing the praises of my God. Let "the joy of the Lord" be my strength throughout the moments of my day (Nehemiah 8:10).

Joy is powerful and joy is contagious. Authentic joy, overflowing from a heart filled with Your Spirit has the power to change the spiritual atmosphere of any place on this earth. For Your kingdom is in us and Your joy is us and "the One who is in (us) is greater than the one who is in the world" (1 John 4:4). So may Your joy be released through my spirit everywhere You send me today. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

I pray you will be filled afresh with the powerful and contagious joy of the Lord, changing the spiritual atmosphere everywhere the Holy Spirit sends you today, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!