Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Morning by Morning, July 22 - The Spirit of Jesus in Me

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be high and lifted up here in my heart and every moment of my day.  ...

"By this we know that we abide in Him and He in us, because He has given us His Spirit. God abides in those who confess that Jesus is the Son of God, and they abide in God" (1 John 4:13-15). 

Jesus, You are the Son of God. You are "the image of the invisible God" (Colossians 1:15). You are "the reflection of God's glory and the exact imprint of God's very being" (Hebrews 1:3). "For in (You) all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through (You) God was pleased to reconcile to Himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, by making peace through the blood of (Your) cross" (Colossians 1:19-20).

As I confess who You are and embrace Your Spirit and Your authority in my life, You form Your nature in my heart (1 Peter 3:15). "The Spirit of Christ" abides in me and I abide in You (Romans 8:9). Along with everyone who calls on Your name and confesses You as Lord, I "have been chosen and destined by God the Father and sanctified by the Spirit to be obedient to Jesus Christ and to be sprinkled with (Your) blood. May grace and peace be (mine) in abundance" (1 Peter 1:2).

Dear Lord Jesus, Son of God and Son of man -- both in the nature of God and in the nature of man -- let Your Spirit abide in me today. By the grace of God, I embrace "the help of the Spirit of Jesus Christ" (Philippians 1:19). "Christ in (me), the hope of glory" (Colossians 1:27). Make me more like You today (Romans 8:29). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

I pray the Spirit of Jesus will abide in you and make you more like Him today, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!