Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Morning by Morning, July 12 - The Good Spirit Who Guides

 Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me listen. Help me hear. Help me trust. Help me obey.  ... "Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God. Let Your good Spirit lead me on a level path" (Psalm 143:10). 

Doing Your will does not come naturally to me. It comes super-naturally. It's Your good Spirit that leads me in the paths of righteousness. And as You know, my human spirit does not always, immediately want to choose the path of Your good Spirit. So in Your mercy and love, You teach me to do Your will. You lead me in the ways that align with Your will. How? You help me listen. You help me hear. You help me trust. And You help me obey. "For it is God who is at work in (me), enabling (me) both to will and to work for (Your) good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13). 

I need Your holy nudges and holy tugs. I need Your stirrings in my soul and Your convictions in my conscience. I need the sense of Your Presence and the awareness of Your watchfulness. I need to trust that You're answering my prayers when I ask You to put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. And I need the courage and the faith that Your Spirit's always ready to supply when You call me to respond to the word I hear in my heart that says, "This is the way; walk in it" (Isaiah 30:21). 

Being led by Your Spirit is part of my inheritance as a child of God. "For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God" (Romans 8:14). So I can trust You to teach me and train me, to encourage me and empower me, as I choose to humble my heart to hear and set my spirit to seek Your leading. And I do need Your leading. I do need Your guidance. "For the gate is wide and the road is easy that leads to destruction, and there are many who take it. For the gate is narrow and the road is hard that leads to life, and there are few who find it" (Matthew 7:13-14). So by the power of the grace of God at work within me, give me the desire and the power to "let Your good Spirit lead me on a level path" (Psalm 143:10). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray the good Spirit will teach you and empower you to let Him lead you and guide you in the paths of righteousness, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

       


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!