Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Morning by Morning, July 27 - "Come."
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Take hold of my heart, as I take hold of Your grace to guide my steps throughout the moments of my day.  ...
 
"Peter answered Him, 'Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water.' He said, 'Come.' So Peter got out of the boat, started walking on the water, and came toward Jesus. But when he noticed the strong wind, he became frightened, and beginning to sink, he cried out, 'Lord, save me!' Jesus immediately reached out His hand and caught him, saying to him, 'You of little faith, why did you doubt?' When they got in the boat, the wind ceased. And those in the boat worshiped Him, saying, 'Truly You are the Son of God!'" (Matthew 14:28-33)
 
A long time ago, I sensed You calling me to "Come." And every day sense then, You've continued to call me to "Come." And every day has been a step of faith. 
 
Some days I've realized it more than others. Some days I've even thought I had much more of a measure of control than I ever truly did. Some days there was no doubt in my mind that my life was desperately dependent upon You alone. But every day has been no less miraculous than walking on the water -- walking on the water of faith that You are real and You are good and You are worthy of all my trust, no matter how afraid or unworthy I've ever felt at any step along the way.
 
You've protected me in ways I never saw. You've provided for me in ways I never knew. But in every way on every day, I know Your hand has been there to catch me when I start to sink and strengthen me when I start to doubt. You remind that You are One who called me and invited me to "Come." And You are the One who speaks to my heart through the wind and the waves that You'll never call me to come to a place where You're not already there. You're with me always (Matthew 28:20).
 
So as I begin my day -- another day to walk on the waters of faith -- give me the grace to hear Your voice and answer Your call to "Come." In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you will hear and answer the call of Jesus to "Come" -- trusting in Him with all our heart to be with you always in every step, as you walk on the waters of faith, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

      


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!