Monday, July 18, 2016

Morning by Morning, July 18 - "Where are You?"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I'm thankful for every moment that You've been with me through my life -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- and I'm thankful that You are with me now and always will be. ...
 
"They heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden at the time of the evening breeze, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the Presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden. But the Lord God called to the man, and said to him, 'Where are you?'" (Genesis 3:8-9).
 
Even in our sin, You seek us out. Even when we try to hide, You still speak to our hearts. You created us to live in Your Presence. You are Love; and You created us in Your image for a relationship of love, for a relationship with the One who is Love (1 John 4:16). And even before the very first sin that got in the way Your relationship of love for us, You loved us so much that You provided a way for every sin to be cleansed and every barrier to Your Presence to be removed forever if we would only trust You and what You've done for us (John 3:16).
 
So by the power of the grace of God, I'll not hide or run away from Your voice or Your Presence. I'll draw near to You; I'll trust in You, embracing the grace of the gift of Your mercy and love through Jesus Christ. "For in Him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through Him God was pleased to reconcile to Himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, by making peace through the blood of His cross" (Colossians 1:19-20).
 
In Your Presence, O Lord my God, I find peace and purpose; I find freedom and fulfillment; I find salvation and significance. "In Your Presence, (I find) fullness of joy" (Psalm 16:11). And without Your Presence, I would only find emptiness for all eternity. 
 
So I thank God that through Your mercy and love, I'll never spend a moment -- now or forever -- apart from Your Presence. You are always with me (Matthew 28:20). And nothing will ever separate me from Your love and Your Presence (Romans 8:38-39). 
 
No matter where I am or what I've done, no matter how I feel or what I fear, whenever I hear You call "Where are you?" I can answer to the One who always loves me, "Here I am. I embrace Your Presence, my God." In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you will always find your peace and purpose, your freedom and fulfillment, your salvation and significance, and the fullness of joy in the Presence of our God, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

          


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!