Thursday, July 14, 2016

Morning by Morning, July 14 - Fall Face Down to Seek the Face of God
 Good morning, Lord Jesus. Take me by the hand and lead me by the heart into Your will for my life this day.  ... "I looked and saw that the glory of the Lord filled the Temple of the Lord, and I fell face down on the ground" (Ezekiel 44:4 NLT). Lord, I want to look with the eyes of my heart and see with the eyes of my spirit. Show me Your glory. Let me see You as You are. And in Your Presence, seeing You as You are and seeing myself as I am, in the humility and fear of the Lord like Ezekiel, may I fall face down on the ground before You. Even now, in my heart I fall face down before You. I know I'm always welcome in Your Presence, that I can come boldly before Your throne of grace as a child of God, with no veil between us, through the sacrifice and blood of Jesus, my Savior and Redeemer (Hebrews 4:12). "Because of Christ and our faith in Him, we can now come boldly and confidently into God's Presence" (Ephesians 3:12 NLT). But at the same time, I never want to be presumptuous or take for granted Your gift of mercy and Your blessing of intimacy. It's when we humble ourselves in the sight of the Lord that You lift us up into Your Presence and embrace us in Your intimacy (James 4:10). ... And as soon as I fall face down before You, I immediately sense You bending low to embrace me where I am. With the eyes of my heart and the sight of my spirit, I look and see to sense You bending low to lift me up. You're taking my face in Your hands -- Your nail-scarred hands -- to lift my face to behold Yours. ... There is mercy and love in Your eyes. ...   "You, O Lord, are a shield around me, my Glory, and the One who lifts up my head" (Psalm 3:3).  As You lift up my face to see You as You are, You are changing me. "So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord -- who is the Spirit -- makes us more and more like Him as we are changed into His glorious image" (2 Corinthians 3:18 NLT).  As I bow low and allow You to lift me up, I just find myself crying out in my spirit, "Holy! Holy! Holy! Holy and merciful, loving and kind are You, O Lord. I'm not worthy to be in Your Presence, yet You have made me worthy through what You have done for me through Your mercy and love."  Thank You for the grace to fall face down in Your Presence. And thank You for the grace to be lifted up to behold Your face. "Such is the company of those who seek (You), who seek the face of the God of Jacob" (Psalm 24:6). "Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you" (James 4:8). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you will see the face of God in all His mercy and love for you as you fall face down before Him and allow Him to lift you up, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

         


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!