Friday, July 15, 2016

Morning by Morning, July 15 - One Smooth Stone of the Word of God
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. Make me more like You today.  ...
 
"When the Philistine drew nearer to meet David, David ran quickly toward the battle line to meet the Philistine. David put his hand in his bag, took out a stone, slung it, and struck the Philistine on his forehead; the stone sank into his forehead, and he fell face down on the ground" (1 Samuel 17:48-49).
 
My enemy knows my vulnerabilities, but You know his. He may mock me and taunt me, but You encourage me and empower me. He may strike my heel, but You will crush his head. And one smooth stone of Your word can bring him down to the ground and put his armies to flight.
 
David didn't need a spear or a sword. He needed faith in You. Before the battle, You led him to bend down and pick up five smooth stones to put in his pouch for the encounter You knew would come (v. 40). And when the time came, You led him to take the one You chose to silence the voice of his enemy and bring him down to his knees and bite the dust with his face. It only took one -- one faithful servant and one smooth stone -- just as one word of God that goes forth from Your mouth will not return void, but will accomplish that which You purpose and succeed in that for which You sent it (Isaiah 55:11).
 
Fill my pouch with Your words today, Lord. Let me be ready for the battles and encounters to come. Give me faith and courage to stand on Your Word in the power of Your strength, as You slay my spiritual enemies before me. "Indeed, we live as human beings, but we do not wage war according to human standards; for the weapons of our warfare are not merely human, but they have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every proud obstacle raised up against the knowledge of God, and we take every thought captive to obey Christ" (2 Corinthians 10:3-5). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen. 

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray the pouch of your heart will be filled with God's Word so you'll be ready to speak it and see the salvation of God in whatever battles you face, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

         
Friends, please join with me in prayer for a close and long-time friend of mine facing a trial in court next week that may continue for a couple of months. May his heart be full of God's word and grace to guide him through all he will face. We pray for justice, mercy, and favor with God and favor with man, walking it out in both humility and faith (Micah 6:8). And may his family and friends be at peace as we pray, putting all in the hands of the Lord (Proverbs 3:5). "Not by power, nor by might, but by My Spirit, says the Lord of hosts" (Zechariah 4:6). Thank you and God bless you!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!