Friday, July 22, 2016

Morning by Morning, July 22 - Ever Looking Up to the Lord
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- I worship You, Lord God, in every dimension of Your Being and welcome You into every dimension of my being.  ...
 
"My eyes are ever toward the Lord, for He will pluck my feet out of the net" (Psalm 25:15).
 
Should I look out for myself or look up to You? Should I focus on what makes me afraid or the One who sets me free? Should I worry about all the things that might happen or wait and watch for the word of the One who sees the end from the beginning and the beginning from the end, who holds all time and space and every moment of my life ever-present before Him? ...
 
Hmmm.... I think I'll go with God. I think I'll turn my eyes and my heart and my trust ever toward my Lord, for He will pluck my feet out of every net, get my ox out of every ditch, and cause all things to work together for good, as I entrust all things to Him (Romans 8:28).
 
I think I'll embrace the exhortation of Your Word to "seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God, (to) set (my) mind on things that are above, not on things that are on the earth, for (I) have died, and (my) life is hidden with Christ in God" (Colossians 3:1-3). 
 
I think I'll "look up and lift up (my) head, because (my) redemption draws near" every time I choose to trust in what my God is doing, instead of being anxious about what I'm afraid He's not doing and every time I choose to put my hope in Him to be my help instead of trusting in my power and my wisdom to take care of my problems in my way (Luke 21:28 NKJV).
 
And I think I'll "lift up my eyes to the hills -- from where will my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. He will not let (my) foot be moved; He who keeps (me) will not slumber. He who keeps (me) will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is (my) keeper; the Lord is (my) shade at (my) right hand. The sun shall not strike (me) by day, not the moon by night. The Lord will keep (me) from all evil; He will keep (my) life. The Lord will keep (my) going out and (my) coming in from this time on and forevermore" (Psalm 121:1-8).
 
Why would I look down or look around at the nets and everything less that my good God's good will for my life when all I need to do is look up with my eyes ever toward the Lord? ...
 
Hmmm.... It suddenly seems like a silly question in the light of the love and power and grace of my sovereign God "-- He who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords" (1 Timothy 6:15). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you will ever look up to the Lord and be set free from every net and everything less than God's good will for your life, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

           


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!