Thursday, July 28, 2016

Morning by Morning, July 28 - "Ask for the Ancient Paths"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. As I wait for Your leading -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- help me hear what You're saying, see what You're doing, and go where You're moving.  ...
 
"Thus says the Lord:  Stand at the crossroads, and look, and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way lies; and walk in it, and find rest for your souls" (Jeremiah 6:16).
 
Yes, Lord. As I begin my day, seeking Your face, listening for Your voice, I stand at the crossroads and look and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way lies. What are the ancient paths?  ...
 
It seems I hear You speaking in my heart:  "My Word is the Ancient Path. And I Am the Word. I am the Word made Flesh. Look to Me, follow Me, seek to be made more like Me. Then you will walk in the ancient paths. Then you will know where the good way lies. Then you will find rest for your soul."
 
Yes, Lord. You are the Word. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" (John 1:1). You are the Word made Flesh. "And the Word became flesh and lived among us, and we have seen His glory, the glory of a father's only son, full grace and truth" (John 1:14). And You are the Ancient Path. As You said, as was sealed forever in Your Word, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you know Me, you will know My Father also. From now on you do know Him and have seen Him" (John 14:6-7).
 
You are the "Ancient One" (Daniel 7:8). And Yet, at the same time, You are the Ever-Present One -- "God with us" (Matthew 1:23); the One who promises forever "I am with you always" (Matthew 28:20); the One who forever declares "I will never leave you or forsake you" (Hebrews 13:5).
 
So as best as I can and all by Your grace, standing here at this crossroads of a new day, I choose to walk in the ancient paths, where the good way lies. Put Your thoughts in my mind; put Your desires in my heart. Make me more like You today (Romans 8:29). And as I seek to walk with You in grace and truth, empower me to obey Your command to "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations" (Matthew 28:19). Then, together with as many as will come into the unity of Your Spirit, we will find rest for our souls in love with You and in obedience to Your Word (Ephesians 4:3). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you will find and follow the ancient paths, walking with the One who is the Ancient Path, finding rest for your soul and making disciples of Jesus Christ, as the Spirit of God make you more like Him each day, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
      


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!