Friday, July 21, 2017

Morning by Morning, July 21 - The "Victorious Right Hand" of God
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. In You, I seek to begin my day embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit.  ...
 
"Do not fear, for I am with you, do not be afraid, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with My victorious right hand!" (Isaiah 41:10)
 
The hand lifted high in the ultimate declaration of victory is also the hand that was nailed to the cross in the ultimate sacrifice of love (Colossians 2:13-15). The Lion of Judah who roars from the heavens is also the Lamb of God who was slain on this earth without a word. "He was oppressed, and He was afflicted, yet He did not open His mouth; like a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent, so He did not open His mouth" (Isaiah 53:9).
 
Your victorious right hand that upholds me is forever scarred for my sins and forever pierced in Your mercy. "Through (Christ) God was pleased to reconcile to Himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, by making peace through the blood of His cross" (Colossians 1:20). That same love that moved You to lay down Your life for me is the same love that promises me, " 'I will never leave you or forsake you.' So we can say with confidence, 'The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can anyone do to me?' " (Hebrews 13:5-6)
 
So in that kind of love, I will not fear. In that kind of mercy, I will not be afraid. I will trust the One who saves me and strengthens me, who upholds me and empowers me, who is always with me and will always love me. That's the victory You've won for me in the sacrifice of Your love for me! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


May you never be afraid of whatever you face, as you always remember the God who upholds you with His victorious right hand is the same God who loves you with all His heart and laid down His life for you in Christ, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 

     



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!