Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Sweet Hour of Prayer 9-14-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. We honored the life of Mary Williams yesterday, my friend and fellow prayer warrior. She passed away "in the twinkling of an eye" in the service of Your Kingdom, helping the victims of hurricane Katrina finding refuge at our church. The words of her favorite hymn, "Sweet Hour of Prayer," still move in my spirit as I picture her singing them to You now face to face, where her faith has become sight. ... "Sweet hour of prayer! Sweet hour of prayer!The joys I feel, the bliss I share,Of those whose anxious spirits burnWith strong desires for Thy return!With such I hasten to the placeWhere God my Savior shows His face,And gladly take my station there,And wait for Thee, sweet hour of prayer!" The hour of prayer in the presence of God -- this is where You strengthen us, empower us, encourage us, and comfort us. This is where You order the steps of our day, where You form Your desires in our hearts and Your thoughts in our minds. Your Holy Spirit draws us near to this holy place "where God my Savior shows His face." Mary, like all of us, knew but a foretaste of the fullness of Your presence on earth. But that foretaste was enough to keep her coming to the well of Your Spirit and Your Word every day, to drink deeply of the living waters of Your presence. The hardness of her life only served to strengthen her faith and embolden her witness in the perseverance of a saint. But today she is healed and whole, perfected in love, praying the prefect prayers of one who has fought the good fight and finished her course, found faithful in Your sight. "For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face. Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known" (1 Corinthians 13.12). Like Mary, let us be relentless in seeking Your face until the day we find it -- smiling as You speak the words, "Well done, My good and faithful servant. Come and receive Your reward, the reward of the fullness of My presence." In Jesus' name we pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, if you are in the Lexington area, please Come to The Fountain this Saturday night 9/17 for our monthly, citywide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship -- 7pm in the chapel at Centenary, 2800 Tates Creek Rd. People come from all traditions and denominations for a time of intimate worship in the presence of the Lord as the Holy Spirit leads. Paul Cooper from Liberty Worship Center will lead in worship and I will lead in prayer. Our prayer ministry team will be availble throughtout the evening. All are welcome! To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address for ministry and contributions: 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com and www.morningbymorning.injesus.com