Thursday, January 29, 2009

Constant Point of Reference 1-29-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. As I speak out Your name, I wait and listen down deep in my spirit for the comfort and security of hearing You speak out mine. … "I called on You name, O Lord, from the depths of the pit; You heard my plea, 'Do not close Your ear to my cry for help, but give me relief!' You came near when I called on You; You said, 'Do not fear!' " (Lamentations 3:55-57). As I journey every moment of every day through the time and space of this earthly realm, through the uncertainties and events far beyond my control, You are my constant point of reference. With You by side and with Your Spirit in my heart, I am never lost. You are the one thing I can always count on. In the depth of every pit, You are there. In the darkness of every fear, You are there. There is nowhere I can go and nothing I can go through, where You are not there with me as I call out to You. So I will not fear tomorrow, nor fret about today. It seems lately every morning, the old song from the Your steady Word moves in my mind and stirs in my spirit to begin each day: "But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. 'The Lord is my portion,' says my soul, 'therefore I will hope in Him.' The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul that seeks Him" (Lamentations 3:21-25). Yes, Lord. I wait for You; I seek You; I put all my hope and trust in You. No matter what I go through, I know that I know that I know You will never leave me nor forsake me. In You and with You, there will always come a dawn of a new day at the end of every night of darkness; there will always be a light at the end of every tunnel; there will always be a steady rock of refuge through every storm. That's what Your Word says (Matthew 6:25-34; Hebrews 13:4-6; and so many others). And I choose to believe You and take You at Your Word. "It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord" (Lamentations 3:26). You are my certain Savior and my steadfast Friend. So "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. He will not suffer (my) foot to be moved; He that keepeth (me) will not slumber…. The Lord shall preserve (my) going out and (my) coming in from this time forth, and even forevermore" (Psalm 121:1-8, KJV). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com Order our Ministry Resources or Contribute On-line at www.shop.messiah-ministries.org