Thursday, January 22, 2009

Enduring Faith 1-22-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Fill my heart and steady my soul with the peace of Your Presence, as I deliberately, intentionally begin my day with You. … "The faith that you have, have as your own conviction before God. Blessed are those who have no reason to condemn themselves because of what they approve. But those who have doubts are condemned … because they do not act from faith; for whatever does not proceed from faith is sin" (Romans 14:22-23). Lord, keep me rooted and grounded in the ways of Your will, the truth of Your Word, and the life of Your Spirit. Keep me firm in the faith You have imparted and grown in me. Keep me steady and secure in trusting surrender and willing submission to the guiding principles of Your Word as my authority. Give me grace to hold fast to the convictions You have seared into my soul and the courage to stand against the winds of culture or popular opinions of the times that do not proceed from faith in You. According to Your spiritual principles, my faith will determine my destiny. As you said to the blind men who chose to put their hope and trust in You, "According to your faith let it be done to you" (Matthew 9:29). What is settled in my heart as right and true will determine my convictions and direct my actions. "For as he thinks in his heart, so is he" (Proverbs 23:7, NKJV). So by Your grace, I ask You to form Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. In faith, I have chosen to "live to God. I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me" (Galatians 2:19-20). So each day, I ask You to help me live and act from that faith. There will come a time when faith will not be easy. So form Your faith thoroughly in me now. Let the roots of Your righteousness keep growing deep while there is time so I can withstand the storms to come. "But before all this occurs, they will arrest you and persecute you; they will hand you over to synagogues and prisons, and you will be brought before kings and governors because of My name" (Luke 21:12). Even this You will redeem for Your glory and Your purposes for those who stand firm in the faith by the grace of God. "This will give you an opportunity to testify. So make up your minds not to prepare your defense in advance; for I will give you words and wisdom that none of your opponents will be able to withstand or contradict" (Luke 21:13-15). Now is the time to let You build my faith. Now is the time to learn to hear Your voice. Now is the time to get settled in what I believe, what I know is right, what I'm willing to live for, and what I'm willing to die for. By Your grace, I want to believe You. And by Your grace, I want to be willing to live or die for You. "You will be betrayed even by parents and brothers, by relatives and friends; and they will put some of you to death. You will be hated by all because of My name. But not a hair of your head will perish. By your endurance you will gain your souls" (Luke 21:16-18). Let my faith endure all that may come in the days ahead. "But the one who endures to the end will be saved" (Matthew 10:22; Matthew 24:13; Mark 13:13). Lord, only You can give me that kind of enduring faith. And by Your grace I know now You will give me all the faith I need then. "May (I) be made strong with all the strength that comes from (Your) glorious power, and may (I) be prepared to endure everything with patience, while joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has enabled (me) to share in the inheritance of the saints in the light" (Colossians 1:11-12). "The saying is sure: If we have died with Him, we will also live with Him; if we endure, we will also reign with Him; if we deny Him, He will also deny us; if we are faithless, He remains faithful -- for He cannot deny Himself" (2 Timothy 2:11-13). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, here is a wonderful invitation for one day retreats for women of faith from Laura Beach, a Spiritual Director with our ministry: For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out my Spirit… Isaiah 44:3 You are invited to day retreats of spiritual refreshment for women of faith scheduled throughout 2009. These beautiful days of renewal and healing for women on the front line of prayer and ministry are led by Laura Beach in association with Messiah Ministries. The next retreat will be February 16 at Mountjoy Place in Lexington, Kentucky. Contact Laura Beach at LauraBBeach@insightbb.com for more details and a list of all the spiritual refreshment dates for 2009. Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com