Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Passover Fulfilled 4-8-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. As I follow in Your steps through this holy week, let me be more than a spectator. Let me be a worshipper of the One who walked through the suffering and sacrifice of this sacred week for me. … "When the hour came, He took His place at the table, and the apostles with Him. He said to them, 'I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer; for I tell you, I will not eat it until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God' " (Luke 22:14-16). In the first Passover, You delivered Your people from the bondage of slavery in Egypt. In every Hebrew home that responded in obedience and faith to Your command to apply the blood of the lamb over the door of their house, death passed over them and the power of God set them free. "The blood shall be a sign for you on the houses where you live: When I see the blood, I will pass over you, and no plague shall destroy you when I strike the land of Egypt" (Exodus 12:13). That first Passover was a physical declaration of the spiritual fulfillment in the kingdom of God to come. As Jesus of Nazareth, You would come as God in the flesh, the perfect "Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world" so that death and the penalty of sin would forever pass over all who respond to the grace of Your sacrifice of love in obedience and faith (John 1:29). Now, every moment of every day, You call me to receive and apply the blood of the Lamb over the door of my heart. As death passes over my sin because of Your blood, the life of the Son of God enters in to set me free from the bondage of slavery to sin and death. "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus has set (me) free from the law of sin and death" (Romans 8:1-2). By Your grace and the sacrifice of Your love, the Passover now is eternally fulfilled in the kingdom of God by God my King who died for me, that I might live for You. By the Holy Spirit of the Living God, death passes over, life enters in, and Your kingdom comes into the open door of my heart, open wide to my King. Because of You -- the Lamb of God enthroned as King of all -- "the kingdom of God is within (me)" and Your Passover is fulfilled in me today and every day (Luke 17:21). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, God bless you during this Holy Week. If you're in the Winchester, Kentucky area, please come join us each morning at 7 am for community-wide Holy Week services, where we worship together and I share a word each morning hosted at the Winchester First United Methodist Church with Pastor James Williams www.winfumc.org Friends, please Come Join Us Friday Night, April 24th for our annual Messiah Ministries Celebration Dinner in Lexington to celebrate all the Lord is doing through our ministry and share our vision and calling with all our supporters and friends. You are invited and Dinner is Free! Please make plans to come and bring some friends who may have a heart for what we are doing. Our invitation card is attached. For planning, we will need an RSVP to Marilyn or a table host: DirOfMinistries@aol.com We always need lots of volunteers to help also, so please send us a note if you'd like to help in that way. Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502