Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Morning by Morning, December 12 - Leaping for Joy, Filled with the Spirit!
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Fill my heart with Your Spirit and guide my steps into Your will -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God.  ...
 
"In those days Mary set out and went with haste to a Judean town in the hill country, where she entered the house of Zechariah and greeted Elizabeth. When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the child leaped in her womb. And Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit and exclaimed with a loud cry, 'Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the Fruit of your womb.... For as soon as I heard the sound of your greeting, the child in my womb leaped for joy!" (Luke 1:39-44)
 
Deep calls to deep, as Spirit calls to spirit (Psalm 42:7). Elizabeth's spirit leaped with joy with Mary's spirit. And John, the child within in Elizabeth's womb, leaped with joy with Jesus, the Child within Mary's womb. When Elizabeth and her baby encountered Mary and her Baby, Elizabeth was "filled with the Holy Spirit" until joy overflowed! (Luke 1:41) "In Your Presence there is fullness of joy!" (Psalm 16:11)
 
Lord Jesus, we can encounter You every day. We can be filled with Your Spirit until joy overflows every day (Ephesians 5:18). We can welcome Your kingdom that has no end right here in the kingdom of our world, in the kingdom of our hearts every day to experience the same joy that Elizabeth and Mary experienced that day. "For, in fact, the kingdom of God is within (us)" (Luke 17:21). "For the kingdom of God is ... righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit" (Romans 14:17).
 
Come, Holy Spirit. Fill me afresh with Your Presence and Your joy today. Let everything within me leap for joy! "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name!" (Psalm 103:1) And in this season of preparing our hearts for the coming of Christ, help me prepare my heart for the coming of Your Spirit every day. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




Friend, I pray you are filled afresh with the Holy Spirit, leaping for joy, as you encounter the living Presence of the risen Christ today, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same of meGod bless you, my friend!
   
 
 

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!