Monday, December 18, 2017

Morning by Morning, December 18 - Treasure and Ponder God's Word in Our Hearts
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. You're my Lord and my Savior, and I welcome You into every moment of my day.  ...
 
"Suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace among those whom He favors!' When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, 'Let us go now to Bethlehem and see this thing that has taken place, which the Lord has made known to us.' So they went and found Mary and Joseph, and the Child lying in a manger. When they saw this, they made know what had been told them about this Child; and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds told them. But Mary treasured all these words and pondered them in her heart. The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all they had heard and seen, as it had been told them" (Luke 2:13-20).
 
Mary "treasured all these words and pondered them in her heart."...
 
Do we treasure all these words, Lord? Do we take time to ponder them in our hearts? Or do we think we know the stories so well and have heard them so long that we gloss over them or treat them like fairy tales or the simple lines of children's Christmas plays?
 
But these words are treasure. These "Christmas stories" are the Word of God -- "living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing until It divides soul from spirit, joints from marrow; It is able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart" (Hebrews 4:12). As You've said of Your Word, "For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return there until they have watered the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall My Word be that goes from My mouth; It shall not return to Me empty, but It shall accomplish that which I purpose, and succeed in the thing for which I sent It" (Isaiah 55:10-11).
 
So let Your Word be Treasure in my heart. Let me never take It for granted or treat It with less than the honor and awe It deserves. Let these stories of Your birth and Your hope and Your life bring comfort and peace and joy every time I read them and ponder them and share them. "My child, be attentive to My words; incline your ear to My sayings. Do not let them escape from your sight; keep them within your heart. For they are life to those who find them, and healing to all their flesh" (Proverbs 4:20-22). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




My Friend, I pray all the stories of the birth of Christ come alive and active in your heart, as you treasure them and ponder them and share them, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same of meGod bless you, my friend!
  
   

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!