Friday, August 23, 2024

Morning by Morning, August 23 - “Awaken! Arise! Shine! Do Not Sit Back but Go Forth!”

 

Morning by Morning, August 23 - “Awaken! Arise! Shine! Do Not Sit Back but Go Forth!”


Good morning, Lord Jesus. As I draw near to You--Father, Son, and Holy Spirit--I know You draw near to me, just as Your Word promises: “Draw near to God and He will draw near to you” (James 4:8). ...


As I wait for the leading of Your Spirit, I hear in my heart:


“Awaken! Arise! Shine! Do not sit back but go forth! Do not hide away but shine forth! My people are My light in this world. My people are created and called to awaken, arise, and shine! For the darkness of this world shall not overcome the Light of My glory--not in My people, not in this world.” ...


To confirm what I believe I hear and “test all things” to “hold fast” to what is good and true (1 Thessalonians 5:21), this Word of Your Scripture comes to mind immediately:


For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light (for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth), finding out what is acceptable to the Lord. And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret. But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light. Therefore He says:


‘Awake, you who sleep,

Arise from the dead,

And Christ will give you light.’


“See then that you walk carefully, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil” (Ephesians 5:8-16).


Yes, Lord. Awaken me. Arise within me. Shine through me.


You know every measure of darkness that has sought to hide me and consume me, but I praise You for the Light of Your Glory that has saved me, healed me, freed me, and has now unhidden me! I’m remembering right now how I used to be afraid of the dark when I was younger--before the healing and deliverance of my soul (James 4:7). But now the darkness fears me because You are in me and I am in You! (John 15:4) Now I can arise and shine, for my Light has come! (Isaiah 60:1) And darkness cannot ever overcome the Light--the Light always overcomes the darkness (John 1:5).


You are that Light in me, just as You said: “I am the Light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the Light of Life (John 8:12). And now by Your Spirit living in me, shining through me, “He who is in (me) is greater than he who is in the world” (1 John 4:4).


As You spoke to Your first disciples, so You still speak to every child of God and disciple of Jesus Christ today:


“You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven” (Matthew 5:14-16).


Lord, let it be so in me today--this day and every day--all by the power of Your grace motivating me and empowering me to Awaken! Arise! Shine! No holding back; no hiding away. Overcoming the darkness by the Glory of Your Light shining through me wherever I am and wherever You send me. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today. In the love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you "Awaken! Arise! Shine!" No holding back; no. hiding away, but shining with the light of the glory of the Lord shining through you, in Jesus' name, Amen. God bless you, my friend! And you have a great day!


Please keep us in prayer as Rocio and I go forth, leaving Monday, into the nation of Pakistan to shine with the Light of the Glory of God on our 10 day ministry trip there!


Click Here to Listen to Today's Prayer:

https://www.buzzsprout.com/2375760


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries

502 North Milam Street

Fredericksburg, Texas 78624


Please share this word to encourage a friend!

Anyone can sign up for free at:

https://messiah-ministries.org


My Books on Inner Healing, Spiritual Freedom and Spiritual Intimacy with God are Available on Amazon: 

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays


“Setting hearts free to be all they were created to be

—Free to Be Like Jesus—

secure in their identity, growing in maturity, fulfilling their destiny"

Please Keep us in Prayer for These

Messiah Ministries Events


August 28 to September 6 - We received our Pakistan Visas! We're Going Forth into Pakistan on Monday! Praise God and Thank You for Prayers!

Traveling for Ministry to Pakistan in Person with my wife Rocio!

Please pray for us for Outdoor Evangelistic Crusades, Preaching in the Brick Kiln Compounds, Leadership Meetings, Rocio speaking at a Women's Conference, and all the encounters along the way! Thank for all prayers and support!


September 4

New Wine Worship

7pm at our ministry home base in Fredericksburg, Texas being led this month by Jason and Crystal Banks while we are in Pakistan


September 7

Leading a Leadership Call for MorningStar Ministries Online Connect Group Leaders from across America and Nations around the world!


September 10

First Night of Teaching my 9 Month Course of Free to Be Like Jesus every Tuesday Night. All are welcome! Zoom link available by request. 6:00PM

Based on My Book, Free to Be Like Jesus:

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays

tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org

September 14

Wedding of Arturo Machado and Heather Tack at MorningStar Ministries, Fort Mill, South Carolina


October 17

Speaking at San Antonio Evening Aglow Meeting hosted at Friendship Church 7pm. All are welcome!


November

Ministry in Cali, Colombia Again


November

Healing Academy at FUMC McMinnville, Tennessee


December 7

Speaking at Kerrville Aglow Christmas Gathering


December 19

10th Wedding Anniversary for Tommy & Rocio Hays!


December 21

Wedding Celebration of Elijah & Ashleigh Hays in Maysville, Kentucky



Tuesday Nights at 6PM - Beginning Again September 10th

Teaching our 9 Month Equipping Course on Tuesday Nights at 6PM at Bridge ChurchFredericksburg, Texas based on my books Free to Be Like Jesus! and First the Spirit

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays


Wednesday Mornings

 Lead Online Restoration Ministry Sessions for Online Connect Groups of MorningStar Ministries from around the world.

 

Personal Ministry Appointments

Spiritual Direction Sessions and Personal Prayer Ministry Sessions of Inner Healing & Spiritual Freedom by Appointment. Please keep us in prayer for spiritual breakthrough and transformation! Let us know if you'd like to set up a session: 

tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org

 Sessions are without set cost and all contributions help support the calling and vision of Messiah Ministries.

https://messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute

Free On-line Video Series: Setting Hearts Free! 

My Core Teaching and Ministry

https://messiah-ministries.org/resources

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays