Monday, August 12, 2024

Morning by Morning, August 12 - “If the Lord Wills,” then Let It Be My Will

 

Morning by Morning, August 12 - “If the Lord Wills,” then Let It Be My Will


Good morning, Lord Jesus. Grounded in Your Word, filled with Your Spirit, I draw near to You as You draw near to me--here in my heart and here in my day (James 4:8). ...


“Come now, you who say, ‘Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit’; whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. Instead you ought to say, ‘If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that’” (James 4:13-15).


Too much of the time, I go about the moments of my day making my own decisions for my life as if I know best. But the truth is I don’t know best. Only You know best. “Instead (I) ought to say, ‘If the Lord wills, (I) shall live and do this or that’” (v. 15). I ought to say, “If the Lord wills, then let it be my will.”


Help me be more humble. Help me recognize and repent of my pride of insisting on my will apart from Your will, my lordship instead of Your Lordship, me being in control instead of entrusting control to You. Help me set aside my pride of insisting on my own will and my own way, to do whatever I want to do whenever I want to do it, in my own power by my own wisdom. You resist the proud, but give grace to the humble (v. 6).


Give me Your grace to humble myself to first take time to seek Your wisdom and Your will before just trusting and insistingly on my way. As I humble myself to willingly choose to be desperately dependent upon You alone, then I’ll have receive the blessing, guidance, power, and favor of the One who knows best in all I am and in all I’ll do. As I humble myself in Your sight, then You will lift me up, then You will guide my steps and direct my path--day by day, one step at a time (James 4:10).


According to ancient wisdom of Your Word:


“Trust in the Lord with all your heart,

And lean not on your own understanding;

In all your ways acknowledge Him,

And He shall direct your paths.

Do not be wise in your own eyes;

Fear the Lord and depart from evil.

It will be health to your flesh,

And strength to your bones” (Proverbs 3:5-6).


As You said so simply so long ago, You continue to speak into the hearts of all who will listen today: “Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you” (Matthew 6:33).


Yes, Lord. I seek You first--first in humility rather than pride, first in seeking Your will and Your plan for my day and all the decisions along the way rather than insisting on my own. Come lift me up into Your Presence and into Your will, as I trust in You and acknowledge You as the One who knows all about me, who knows what’s best for me, and who knows what’s best for all You’ll do through me this day and every day. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today. In the love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you seek first the kingdom of God, seek first the will of the Lord, and be led and blessed by His blessing, guidance, power, and favor in all You do in every way He leads, in Jesus' name. Amen. God bless you, my friend! And you have a great day!


Click Here to Listen to Today's Prayer:

https://www.buzzsprout.com/2375760


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries

502 North Milam Street

Fredericksburg, Texas 78624


Please share this word to encourage a friend!

Anyone can sign up for free at:

https://messiah-ministries.org


My Books on Inner Healing, Spiritual Freedom and Spiritual Intimacy with God are Available on Amazon: 

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays


“Setting hearts free to be all they were created to be

—Free to Be Like Jesus—

secure in their identity, growing in maturity, fulfilling their destiny"

Please Keep us in Prayer for These

Messiah Ministries Events


August 12

Speaking in Hillsboro, Texas at the monthly Aglow Ministries Lighthouse at 7pm. All are welcome!


August 22

Speaking Online for Pakistan Leadership Meeting in Karachi, Pakistan


August 28 to September 5

Traveling for Ministry to Karachi, Pakistan in Person with Rocio!

Please pray for us for Outdoor Evangelistic Crusades, Preaching in the Brick Kiln Compounds, Leadership Meetings, Rocio speaking at a Women's Conference, and all the encounters along the way!


September 4

New Wine Worship

7pm at our ministry home base in Fredericksburg, Texas being led this month by Jason and Crystal Banks while we are in Pakistan


September 7

Leading a Leadership Call for MorningStar Ministries Online Connect Group Leaders from across America and Nations around the world


September 14

Wedding of Arturo Machado and Heather Tack at MorningStar Ministries, Fort Mill, South Carolina


October 17

Speaking at San Antonio Evening Aglow Meeting hosted at Friendship Church 7pm. All are welcome!


December 7

Speaking at Kerrville Aglow Christmas Gathering


December 19

10th Wedding Anniversary for Tommy & Rocio Hays!


December 21

Wedding Celebration of Elijah & Ashleigh Hays in Maysville, Kentucky



Tuesday Nights at 6PM - Beginning Again September 10th

Teaching our 9 Month Equipping Course on Tuesday Nights at 6PM at Bridge ChurchFredericksburg, Texas based on my books Free to Be Like Jesus! and First the Spirit

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays


Wednesday Mornings

 Lead Online Restoration Ministry Sessions for Online Connect Groups of MorningStar Ministries from around the world.

 

Personal Ministry Appointments

Spiritual Direction Sessions and Personal Prayer Ministry Sessions of Inner Healing & Spiritual Freedom by Appointment. Please keep us in prayer for spiritual breakthrough and transformation! Let us know if you'd like to set up a session: 

tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org

 Sessions are without set cost and all contributions help support the calling and vision of Messiah Ministries.

https://messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute

Free On-line Video Series: Setting Hearts Free! 

My Core Teaching and Ministry

https://messiah-ministries.org/resources

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays