Saturday, August 27, 2005

Can You Hear? 8-27-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me get quiet; help me listen for the leading of Your Spirit. ... Can you hear the cries of My people? Can you hear them calling on My name? Can you hear them praying for deliverance? Can you hear them seek My face? Will you go in My name? Will you go in My power? Will you tell them that I love them? Will you show them in this hour? You are My body and My church; You are empowered to do your part. You are filled with My Spirit; You are My hands and My heart. "Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it. And God has appointed in the church first apostles, second prophets, third teachers; then deeds of power, then gifts of healing, forms of assistance, forms of leadership, various kinds of tongues. Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? Do all possess gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues? Do all interpret? But strive for the greater gifts. And I will show you still a more excellent way" (1 Corinthians 12.27-31). Yes, Lord. Help us be humble enough to hear and obey Your word. Help us be faithful enough to arise in Your power and go forth in Your name -- wherever and to whomever You send us. Make us one with You, one with each other, and one in ministry to all the world. Let us each find our part and answer our calling, continually growing in maturity, that we may be Your body, in the power of Your Spirit, to the glory of Your name. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, this Sunday morning my home church (Centenary United Methodist in Lexington) will commission Gerry Calvert and me to join a small team of Christian lawyers with International Justice Mission in Tamil Nadu, India August 31 through September 11 with (www.ijm.org). We will work with the laws of that nation to fight for the freedom from oppression of many who are illegally held in bonded slavery. Please stand with us in prayer as the leaders of our church lays hands on us and pray for the commissioning of the Holy Spirit this Sunday (Acts 13.1-3). And I pray the Lord will call you and commission you and empower you for His calling and purpose for this season of your life. To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address for ministry and contributions: 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com andwww.morningbymorning.injesus.com