Saturday, August 06, 2005

Desperate for Your Love 8-6-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Shine the light of glory into the depths of my soul as I lift my face and open my heart to You this day. "For it is the God who said, 'Let light shine out of darkness,' who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ" (2 Corinthians 4.6). ... You woke me with Your Spirit singing a new song in my spirit this morning-- a song of urgency and determination, a song of desperation. ... O Lord, I seek You O Lord, I need You I'm desperate for Your love For Your power from above I need to feel You To know that You're real too I'm desperate for Your love For Your power from above I'm need a breakthrough I need to get through I'm desperate for Your love For Your power from above And I will not give up until I know that You are here That You listen and You hear. And I will hold on tight on to the altar of Your love Until I know Your power from above I'm desperate for Your love. "When he heard it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to shout out and say, 'Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!' Many sternly ordered him to be quiet, but he cried out even the more loudly, 'Son of David, have mercy on me!' Jesus stood still and said, 'Call him here.' And they called the blind man, saying to him, 'Take heart, get up, He is calling you' " (Mark 10.47-49). We are trained to be self-sufficient and independent, to not need anyone or anything. It's implied that we are to suffer in the silence, to not make a scene, to go with the flow and not make waves. But You call us to be desperate, to desperately need You, to be utterly dependent on You. You desire a people who are willing to make a scene in shameless desperation, crying out for Your presence and crying out for Your power. Lord, make us more desperate for You -- desperate for Your love, for Your power from above. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I'd appreciate your prayers for us. I'm teaching personal prayer ministry of inner healing and deliverance at Cornerstone Church in Paducah, Kentucky, teaching it by doing it with the prayer teams. Please pray for breakthroughs in the power of God's love. And I pray for breakthoughs of God's power in your life. God bless you! To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our ministry address: 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Daily archives on the web at: www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com and www.morningbymorning.injesus.com God bless you!