Thursday, August 11, 2005

Here I am 8-11-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Here I am, to seek You, to listen, and to pray. Help me get quiet and get still. Give me patience to watch and wait in the silence of surrender, as Your Holy Spirit centers my heart and my thoughts on You. ... Here I am -- to watch and to wait Here I am -- to listen and pray Lead me Lord, by Your Spirit each day Lead me Lord, in the path of Your ways Yes, Lord. Thank You for this new song You've written on my heart this morning. How are we to lead others unless first we are led? How can we give away what we have not received? Fill us afresh with Your Spirit each day, so that You can pour us out to bring refreshing to the dry places. Form Your desires in our hearts each day, so that our desires reveal the desires of Your heart. Form Your thoughts in our minds each day, to that the choices we make are made more with the mind of Christ. This is a process and a lifestyle of a lifelong journey. Here's where the journey begins each day -- here in the place watching and waiting, listening and praying, entrusting our hearts and our minds to You again each day in the first moments of the morning. "For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. Then when call upon Me and come and pray to Me, I will hear you. When you search for Me, you will find Me; if you seek Me with all your heart, I will let you find Me, says the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile" (Jeremiah 29.11-14). Yes, Lord. You honor our choices in the freedom of the will You have given us. We can choose how to spend our time, how to begin each day. We can choose each day whom we will serve. When we choose our own path instead of Yours, by Your principles and by our choices, we are driven away from intimacy with You and we are exiled into a place that is far from Your presence. Gather our hearts and gather our thoughts back to You. You will not force us, You will not override the freedom of the will You have given us; but You call us to come and to seek, to listen and pray. As we seek You, we will find You. As You restore us and renew us, You will release us again into the plans of Your purpose. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address for ministry and contributions: 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Daily archives at: www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com and www.morningbymorning.injesus.com