Monday, August 21, 2006

Passion to Pursue Righteousness 8-21-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Draw me close to You and make me more like You each day. ... "The way of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord, but He loves the one who pursues righteousness" (Proverbs 15:9). Build in my spirit a passion to pursue righteousness -- to be in right relationship with You, with others, and within myself. Let the encounters of my day expose the wickedness that remains in my heart. Search my heart and reveal the wickedness of my ways (Psalm 139:23-24). Let me see it; let me hate it; let me give it to You. It's not something to fear; it is something to welcome and something to actively and aggressively pursue. You don't expose my wickedness because You hate me, but because You love me, because You want to help me to know the peace and joy that comes with the pursuit of righteousness. "For the kingdom of God is … righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. …Let us then pursue what makes for peace" (Romans 14:17-19). "Whoever pursues righteousness and kindness will find life and honor" (Proverbs 21:21). Let me find life and honor in the pursuit of righteousness this day. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "... Ministering the Healing Love of God, ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com