Thursday, August 24, 2006

I Lift My Eyes Up 8-24-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. "I lift up my eyes to the hills -- from where will my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth" (Psalm 121:1-2). You are my help and my strength. I lift my eyes and seek Your face; I open my heart and receive Your grace. ... This morning a good friend of mine is coming to town to pray. Leading a prayer ministry, I pray for others every day. And I am thankful for the blessing of this calling. But these times of getting away for the morning with a trusted friend with no plan and no agenda but to seek Your face and receive Your grace, to worship You in spirit and in truth, to watch and wait for Your leading and then to rise in our spirits to follow You in prayer wherever You lead are moments when Your strength fills my soul. These are moments when You renew my vision and encourage my heart. "But you, beloved, build yourselves up on your most holy faith; pray in the Holy Spirit; keep yourselves in the love of God; look forward to the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life" (Jude 20-21). I look forward to Your mercy today. I look forward to coming to You and calling on Your name and being filled afresh with Your Spirit in prayer with my friend and brother in the Lord. "When they had prayed, the place in which they were gathered together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God with boldness" (Acts 4:31). Let us speak Your words of life into one another's spirits with holy boldness and receive the strength and help that comes only from You. Together we will lift our eyes up to the hills and we will ascend the mountain of the Lord. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Dear Friends, thank you for your prayers. They are worth more to me than gold. To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "... Ministering the Healing Love of God, ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794