Saturday, August 05, 2006

Women on the Frontlines 8-5-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I call upon Your name as You call upon my heart. … "At that time Deborah, a prophetess, wife of Lappidoth, was judging Israel. … She sent and summoned Barak …and said to him, 'The Lord, the God of Israel commands you, 'Go, take possession of Mount Tabor, bringing ten thousand from the tribe of Naphtali and the tribe of Zebulun. I will draw out Sisera, the general of Jabin's army, to meet you by the Wadi Kishon with his chariots and his troops; and I will give him into your hand.' ' Barak said to her, 'If you will go with me, I will go; but if you will not go with me, I will not go.' And she said, 'I will surely go with you; nevertheless the road on which you are going will not lead to your glory, for the Lord will sell Sisera into the hand of a woman' "(Judges 4:4-9). I'll be going to a conference in Ohio this weekend with my mother-in-law Beverly called "Women on the Frontlines of Battle." Prepare my heart to hear Your Word from Heidi Baker, Jim Goll, and the others You will use to speak Your Truth and impart Your Spirit. In these days, You are humbling the men of Your kingdom to make room for the leadership of Your women. There are battles we need to fight that cannot be won unless we go out with them into battle. There is land You have given to us to possess we cannot take unless we take both Your sons and Your daughters with us into battle. We have different roles, but our roles are of equal significance and value in Your kingdom. Let them be the roles You have determined rather than those we have determined by the traditions of men rather than the Word of God. Let our positions be those You have assigned at Your command rather our own. The Word of God says, "In these last days it will be, God declares, that I will pour out My Spirit upon all flesh, and your sons and your daughters will prophesy, and your young men will see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams. Even upon My slaves, both men and women, in those days I will pour out My Spirit; and they shall prophesy" (Acts 2:17-18). From the day Your poured out Your Holy Spirit upon all flesh -- male flesh and females flesh -- on the day of Pentecost, these days have been "these last days." You have called "both men and women" to hear and to speak Your Word with Your authority at Your command. Forgive us where we have misunderstood Your Word, failed to consider the whole counsel of God, heard what we wanted to hear, and ignored the rest. This road on which we are going will not lead to our glory but to Yours. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "... Preparing the Way of the Lord, ... Ministering the Healing Love of God." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com