Friday, August 21, 2009

"Great is the Lord!" 8-21-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me start this new day centered in You, embraced by my Father, and filled afresh with Your Holy Spirit. ... "I have told of the glad news of deliverance in the great congregation; see, I have not restrained my lips, as You know, O Lord. I have not hidden Your saving help within my heart, I have spoken of Your faithfulness and Your salvation; I have not concealed Your steadfast love and Your faithfulness from the great congregation" (Psalm 40:9-10). You know all my faults and failures, but You also know my heart to trust You as my healer and deliverer. You know all my sins and selfish ways, but You also know my desire to grow in Your nature and spiritual maturity. You know all the strategies and plans of the enemy of my soul to seek my destruction, but You also know my faith by Your grace that the One who lives in me who is greater than the one who is in the world. You know every person whom I've not always fully honored and loved as I should and every person who's not always honored and loved me as they should, but You also know my hope and confident trust in the One who is love and whose steadfast love and tender mercies endure forever. When we admit our needs before You -- both when we fail and others fail us -- You are always faithful and true to hear our cry and answer our call. You don't withhold Your mercy, but pour out Your grace in the power of Your love, steadying our hearts and guiding our steps (Psalm 40:1-15). "But may all who seek You rejoice and be glad in You; may those who love Your salvation say continually, 'Great is the Lord!' As for me, I am poor and needy, but the Lord takes thought for me. You are my help and my deliverer; do not delay, O my God" (Psalm 40:16-17). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please keep us in prayer this Friday and Saturday as I lead a Free to Be Like Jesus city-wide weekend conference at St. Barnabas Church in Harrodsburg, Kentucky just south of us, across the Kentucky River. Come to The Fountain! this Friday Night on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Phil Jackson will be leading in worship and Laura Beach will be leading in prayer. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 or send a note to Marilyn at DirOfMinistries@aol.com Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Daily Archives at: www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com Order our Ministry Resources: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org